Re: Removing rel from as:Link

> On 22 Apr 2015, at 17:16, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Evan,
>
> I'd like to get your input on this:
> https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/pull/100
>
> The idea is to remove the rel property from as:Link to avoid any
> possible semantic confusion. I'm personally +-0 on this as I don't
> have any particular issue with it but some others (elf, Henry, etc)
> have raised some concerns. Since I know you've made use of links and
> rels in pump.io I wanted to get your feedback.

I am fine with that as far as it goes. My issues is with the way the
atom xml `<link` element is being modelled. In short my argument is that
there is no need for it once one moves to RDF. ( this was not clear 10
years ago, but by looking at various specs it has become clear that it is
just a reification mechanism. Detailed argument on that is

  https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/pull/98#issuecomment-94702056

and the problems that the current Link class generates is most explained in
detail

  https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/pull/100#issuecomment-95253148

Henry

> - James