Re: Issue-19 questions remain

On 04/21/2015 11:09 PM, Bassetti, Ann wrote:
> I appreciate your points, Harry. Nor do I want to extend this issue ad nauseum.
>
> Regardless, I don't understand how we use the wiki for **conversation**.  I love wikis for everyone writing and editing collaboratively. But it seems harder to use it for discussion.  Perhaps I just need education, such as:

I think Tantek and others just prefer IRC for conversation. Henry
prefers email. However, that's just a working-style difference and not a
WG level issue.

> -- Is there a way for the wiki to send a notification when there is an update? Does that happen via the Watchlist? (Personally I find it hard to have to go look, randomly, for updates. That feels really unproductive.)

We might be able to, although that would flood the mailing list. Thus,
it seems wiser to simply note major changes in the telecon.

> -- Should we agree to use the "Discussion" pages?

We could, or just see the note re IRC.

> Or is IRC the place for conversation?  It's great to use Loqi to tell! someone (who's not present) something. It's great that there are daily logs.

Of course, the larger problem may be some people simply may not want to
discuss with each other, due to time constraints or fundamental
disagreements. Again, that's not a WG issue per se nor solvable by a
resolution. We cannot, for example, make a resolution saying "Tantek,
you have to spend whatever time it takes to agree with bblfish even
though you two disagree about how specs should be built."

That being said, I think the IG should volunteer to host a discussion
over Henry's stories.

I'd like to stick the WG to technical topics that are clear and
delimited rather than working style differences that are open-ended.

   cheers,
    harry