Re: Implicit vs explicit object types

Hey elf, James, and everyone.

First, elf, thanks for your replies - I'm going to go through your points
individually, along with others people have made on IRC and their own posts
in the past day, and continue to document my ever-shifting perspective.

On that note, I* don't* think we need to discuss it in the call tomorrow.
I'm certainly not sure enough about anything to be able to have a coherent
discussion, and I find it much easier to express myself in writing. I think
if others can put their thoughts into writing too, either in blog posts (as
Ben has here <https://ben.thatmustbe.me/article/2015/4/13/2/>) or emails (as
Owen has here
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-socialweb/2015Apr/0061.html>),
it will be much easier to figure out who agrees with what, why, and under
what conditions, and go from there.

I also think it will be much easier to discuss when we have a couple of
variations of activity streams implemented (from real social web
activities, not toy data) to compare. We can already compare for example
what's generated from pumpio with a microformats h-feed, which I'll take a
stab at writing up; and I'm going to try to generate both
fully-current-version-of-spec-compliant AS2 feed, and a variation, for my
own blog posts and activities. I'm also vaguely aware there are a couple of
projects converting silo feeds into AS (1 or 2, I'm not sure) so it'd
probably be good to also look at how things are mapped for those. I
*just* found
this wiki page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/Activity_Streams/Examples which is
mostly AS1, but has some AS2, and looks like something we could update with
further real world examples of different ways activities are modeled.
Possibly y'all have already done this research and I'm late to the party,
but if that's the case please please point me to any more documentation
about it!

Amy