Re: JSON-LD vs. JSON: pro vs. con?

From: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 19:57:49 +0200
To: public-socialweb@w3.org
On 10/01/2014 07:47 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
[...]
> If done right, I don't think there will be any need for that. The only
> difference between a JSON-LD and a JSON-only serialization should be a
> single @context property which JSON-only consumers can simply ignore.
+1

As I tried to mention yesterday during call, if we design it with
JSON-LD in mind everyone can *also* use it as plain JSON. Other way it
doesn't work, for example current microformats2[1] JSON serialization
AFAICT will not work as JSON-LD just by crafting context for it!

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/microformats2
[2] https://github.com/elf-pavlik/mf2jsonld (early & rough)