IndieWeb stack and JSON requirement + JSON-LD option?

From: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 13:11:36 +0200
To: "public-socialweb@w3.org" <public-socialweb@w3.org>
Hi,

Looking at https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API_candidates
I see IndieAuth and MicroPub. To my understanding currently both don't
support JSON, I asked recently on twitter at least about JSON support in
MicroPub: https://twitter.com/aaronpk/status/515241268411002881

Recalling Tantek's comment from meeting on Sep 23rd, about in his
opinion outdated WG charter and questioning JSON requirement, I would
like us to try clarify this topic sooner than later.

Would someone involved in IndieWebCamp community like to help with
clarifying possibility of adding support for JSON to all IndieWeb
technologies proposed to this group? Right away I would like to bring
our attention to possible challenges related to using microformats2 JSON
serialization as JSON-LD - https://github.com/elf-pavlik/mf2jsonld

Thanks in advance!