Re: Fwd: Digital Signatures for Credentials

"Identified as a need for both the Social Web WG and Web Annotations WG due
to dependence on JSON-LD"

Says who? SocialWGs deliverables explicitly make JSON-LD processing a non
requirement. If we require LD processing, then then I would express
absolutely no surprise when everyone ignores it. In other words, all of our
work would be for naught and our standard a failure.

Which brings us on to

"Graph Normalization algorithm is hidden from developers, but very complex"

Erm, how? Surely some developer must implement it?

Or are you suggesting that this is a non-issue because its hidden by a
library how is this supposed to work until the standard is sufficiently
ubiquitous that I can get a complete and adaptable implementation no matter
what language I use? Your mitigating factor isnt a valid mitigating factor.
That should just say

"Graph Normalization algorithm is very complex"

Experience shows that complicated specifications generally fail unless they
bring something truly compelling to the table.

When the alternative is the widely adopted, part of the webcrypto, simpler,
more flexible JOSE... How do you expect to win?

(Not that I think SM is entirely meritless - e.g. clear signing is useful -
just that it is probably dead in the water as long as LD processing is
mandated)