Re: ActivityStreams Schema: Hierarchy of Types

On 2014-11-13, 00:04, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> On 11/12/2014 11:50 PM, Owen Shepherd wrote:
>> Whether we define our own types as aliases of others - e.g. "as:Person
>> owl:sameType vcard:Individual" - or just refer to others is kind of
>> immaterial, though I'm in favor of the aliasing because that
>> implementers don't have to think "People come from VCard, Events come
>> from iCalendar, businesses come from Org..."
> I see limitations with depending to much on inference, for example
> unhosted[1] apps which run fully in a browser as for today don't have
> any reasoners available (javascrip) :(

it would be very helpful to make a very clear (and hopefully
subsequently stable) decision on whether AS implementations are expected
to operate on the RDF data model, and specifically use inference, or
not. if that's the case, we will explicitly exclude the vast majority of
implementations and implementers out there.

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |