Re: Strategy for better collaboration within the group and with other groups

On 2014-11-09 05:12 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> First of all I see very little engagement from IndieWeb community on
> mailing list and in github issues.
I think we have a lot of individuals involved with IndieWeb in this
group; maybe you and they can think of more mechanisms for liasing?

> Second, I have impression of our current work very Activity Streams
> centric. While I find activities a very important *part* of social
> networking, I also recognize much border spectrum to it.
We have three deliverables for this working group:

http://www.w3.org/2013/socialweb/social-wg-charter.html

They are:

  * A social data syntax
  * A client API
  * A federation protocol

The last two are expected to use the first one.

So, yes, we are concentrating on Activity Streams because it is our
first deliverable.

> Third and for now last issue. Various other W3C groups work on IMO
> relevant technologies. [...] I would like us to try come up with a better strategy on how
> we can leverage all that work which people currently do in other groups.
Can you explain how those different technologies are applicable to our
deliverables?

-Evan