Re: [AS2] Deprecate "url" in favor of "id" and "self" link relations

On 2014-08-21, 11:13 , Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> We already briefly discussed this on GitHub, but why can't we replace
> "url" by "@id" instead of "self" ?
> https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues/5
> "@id" is the property specified by JSON-LD for such purposes.

very good point, and this should be part of the bigger (and very
necessary) discussion how to either adopt JSON-LD, or not. to me (and
others, i assume), the current approach of "we're kind of doing JSON-LD,
but not really" is not very helpful. if AS is using JSON-LD, it should
be using it right, and then andreas' suggestion (and other alignments
that would need to be made) probably are good starting points.

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |