Re: Logs of the telecon 04/03/2009 on IRC channel #socialweb

On 5/3/09 14:21, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Le jeudi 05 mars 2009 à 11:01 +0000, Peter Ferne a écrit :
>> Thanks Fabien, but the log is not easily digestible. Could somebody
>> who was on the call please post a one or two paragraph summary to the
>> list? TIA.
>
> I've published a slightly more readable version of the minutes at:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-socialweb-minutes.html
>
> This shouldn't prevent someone that attended the call to provide a
> summary, indeed :)

I managed to attend approximately half the call, thanks to 10+ cable
modem reboots; my apologies to all for any nuisance this caused.

I don't want to preempt a full meeting report, but one outcome was that
the trio of Daniel Applequist, Harry Halpin and myself committed to
sharing chair duties, and the others present on the call seemed to find
this a workable outcome.

While 3 co-chairs is rare, I hope I can speak for my (proposed)
co-chairs in saying that we think this arrangement has some potential
for the XG. The partitioning of duties will be more by role / field and
personality than by calendar rotation. I expect to focus on outreach to
existing "social Web" technology communities, bringing people into this
forum to compare notes, challenges and roadmaps. Harry promises to chase
deliverables and tasks with obsessive fervour, and Daniel will bring his
experience from the Mobile best practices work. This should give us a
recipe to bridge the mobile, semweb, other-w3c and external-to-w3c
parties whose work all relate to Social Web concerns.

We are trying to find a time to talk today/tommorrow and work on a
revision to the last charter draft, which currently can be found here:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/SocialWebCharterTakeFour

cheers,

Dan