Re: new Social Architecture effort

On 2 October 2015 at 01:42, Ann Bassetti <ann.bassetti@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You're the bees knees, Melvin!  I really appreciate the new energy you're
> bringing to this work.  And, Ed, we've missed you!
>
> Before this goes very far, I wanted to voice my perception that what you
> describe as "architectural best practices for modeling people" ... sound
> very SoLiD-centric. I'm not saying I agree nor disagree.
>
> It does seem to me that the foundations of "social" rest on the social
> graph. I'm not sure if that is universally agreed-to, or not. If not, then
> what do others suggest?
>
> In any case, before we call something a "best practice", I'd like to be
> sure we have some consensus from the various technical points-of-view.
>

> *(I hope the gods don't send lightning down because I'm inserting a
> comment .... I'm only 1 day into my "dark" phase, but couldn't resist. :-)*

Yes!  All good points, I agree.  Happy to hear constructive input.

I think it makes sense to say *why* something may be a best practice, with
examples in the wild.  Of course this is open for discussion.

I think it's good to document, because what may seem self evident to some,
might be new to others, then at least we have a point of reference.