Re: Vocabulary TF: Telecon March 11 2015

On 03/09/2015 10:27 PM, Bassetti, Ann wrote:
> Thanks, elf!
>
> I have invited Boeing's vocabulary expert, Julie Martin, and her colleague Andy Donovan.   Julie has long been the vocabulary expert for Boeing.  She is now joined by Andy Donovan, who is a relatively recent graduate from the University of Washington MLIS program.  He is a systems librarian with a strong interest in semantic technology and vocabulary management.
Thanks Ann! And hello Julie and Andy :)

> I'm cc'ing Julie and Andy on this note, so they will have the link below, of our initial efforts to extract key words https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialig/Vocabulary_TF/Mapping_API_User_Stories_to_Vocabulary_terms  from the Social Web User Stories:  https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories .
>
> As I understand it, our next steps will be to map our social vocabulary to related vocabularies in ActivityStreams, microformats, FOAF, SIOC, schema.org, etc.  (Please feel free to correct or amplify, if I have not represented this correctly.)
I added description of our 3 step process to the top of wiki page where
we do this mapping. I also already added to that page few examples of
proposing terms from existing vocabularies.

> If anyone has specific questions for Julie and Andy, it might be helpful if you could send those in advance, so they can be prepared.
I wonder if you already have familiarity with

* http://www.w3.org/TR/activitystreams-vocabulary/
* http://schema.org/docs/full.html
* http://lov.okfn.org/dataset/lov/

I proposed looking for terms to propose in this order.

> I'm really looking forward to this conversation!  -- Ann
Yes! :D