RE: Vocabulary TF: Telecon March 11 2015

Thanks, elf!

I have invited Boeing's vocabulary expert, Julie Martin, and her colleague Andy Donovan.   Julie has long been the vocabulary expert for Boeing.  She is now joined by Andy Donovan, who is a relatively recent graduate from the University of Washington MLIS program.  He is a systems librarian with a strong interest in semantic technology and vocabulary management.

I'm cc'ing Julie and Andy on this note, so they will have the link below, of our initial efforts to extract key words https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialig/Vocabulary_TF/Mapping_API_User_Stories_to_Vocabulary_terms  from the Social Web User Stories:  https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories .

As I understand it, our next steps will be to map our social vocabulary to related vocabularies in ActivityStreams, microformats, FOAF, SIOC, schema.org, etc.  (Please feel free to correct or amplify, if I have not represented this correctly.)

If anyone has specific questions for Julie and Andy, it might be helpful if you could send those in advance, so they can be prepared.

I'm really looking forward to this conversation!  -- Ann

Ann Bassetti
Associate Technical Fellow
IT Infrastructure
IT Technology & Quality Integration