Re: Audio logs for IG & WG telecons?

On 09/01/2014 10:40 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to propose recording and publishing audio from IG & WG
> telecons. Written minutes sometimes don't capture the conversation
> very well and having audio available can make it easier for
> everyone interested to follow the work. I would find it useful
> especially for WG which to my understanding has vary restrictive
> requirements for joining (IMO currently also not very clearly
> explained).
>
> Web Payments CG records and publishes telecons in very nice way:
> https://web-payments.org/minutes/

Groups can make their own decisions on this front, historically that's
audio recordings are not done due to the fact that people may make
mistakes speaking they want corrected and so members, in particular
companies, feel comfortable disclosing informally things they may not
want formally disclosed. The Web Payments CG seem to have about 5
people on telcos and one small business doing implementing, so it's
probably not an issue for them.

Note that also your Invited Expert application was approved. However,
we are not very restrictive but we do require chair or staff approval.

Re IEs in general for at least implementation-focused WGs it makes
sense to let only people who are building systems or who have built
systems into the WG given its focus on implementation. Otherwise, as
we've seen in quite a few Community Groups, the discussion gets
side-tracked rather easily from their schedule. The Community Groups
of course still exist for general discussion.

> Could we get something working already for meetings in next two
> days?

Unless the IG or WG explicitly asks for this, the W3C does do it by
default.

cheers,
harry