Re: Activity Streams Extended Vocabulary

On 11/17/2014 09:10 PM, James M Snell wrote:
> Per the recent discussions around the definition of a common, minimal
> set of social vocabulary verb and object types, I've started going
> through and sketching out an extended AS2 vocabulary that incorporates
> the verbs and object types that tend to be most common across social
> systems. I've documented things on the wiki here:
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Activity_Streams/Expanded_Vocabulary#Potential_Actions_attached_to_objects
Looks like a solid work!

Do you and Owen work on it together? He have sent email while ago with
quite similar proposal: "ActivityStreams Schema: Hierarchy of Types"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-socialweb/2014Nov/0045.html

> It's a work in progress. There are a broad range of use cases
> documented with examples. The vocabulary is designed to give
> implementers a minimal level of interoperability without going
> overboard on vocabulary definition and without forcing implementers to
> rely on external vocabularies. Every class is justified with a use
> case documented on that wiki page. Use of external vocabularies such
> as vcard, ical or schema.org would still easily be possible.
>
> Again, this is still a work in progress but it seems to be heading the
> right direction.
>
> Please review carefully
We discussed during last IG call possibility of Vocabulary TF following
work on AS Schema and documenting where it matches already existing
terms in other vocabularies. It doesn't imply any consequences other
then us staying aware about such overlaps.