RE: ACTION-34: write up specific proposal on how to support TextMessage

Guys,

I think these are excellent write ups.

Here's my 10 cents.

Several outstanding actions within our working group are playing in the
same ballpark: e.g. TextMessage versus BytesMessage, how to express a
Queue versus a Topic destination, how to specify properties that get
used for client JNDI environment setup, how to communicate arbitrary JMS
properties from the client to the SOAP/JMS Web Service.

Leading to the obvious questions....

What should go in JMS IRI ?

What should go in WSDL extensions ?

Should we have additional WSDL SOAP binding transport attributes for JMS
with TextMessage versus BytesMessage ?

What should be fixed by our specifications e.g. like BytesMessage is
currently ?

What if anything is "subject" to standard JMS transport-like
communication(analogy to HTTP transfer-encoding), and therefore
documented in our specification as this ?

Along with Eric, of the three use cases for TextMessage, the possibility
to interoperate with an existing SOAP/JMS stack seemed to me the most
compelling. As Eric points there's much more to this that BytesMessage
versus TextMessage, Of note , JMS properties were mentioned.

Here's my thoughts on this:

1. The JMS IRI is in danger of becoming very cumbersome, we should not
consider any further changes EXCEPT perhaps a "domain" attribute that
would be useful to ease programming to the "context" variant (e.g.
domain=QUEUE says I should be doing a Queue programming setup etc)

2. I think that defining a new JMS transport URI solves the Bytes versus
Text problem but that's all it does.

3. That leaves WSDL extensions as the approach which is what I am
suggesting.

So by example:

<wsdl11:port="...">

<soapjms:messageType>TEXT</soapjms:messageType>
<soapjms:jndiProperty name="com.xyz.naming.traceOn" value="true"
type="string"/>
<soapjms:jndiProperty name="com.xyz.naming.traceFile"
value="traceTrades.trc" type="string"/>
<soapjms:jmsProperty name="XYZ_SOAPJMSAction" value="Sell"/>

<wsdl11soap11:address location="jms:context:SampleQ1?domain=QUEUE"/>
</wsdl11:port>

Peter