RE: SOAP over JMS

Dear Sanjeev,

I'm sorry to break in, here, but this is becoming rather odd.

I (strongly) recommend that you (re-?)read, and understand, the
specifications before beginning implementation.  At present, your
understanding of the SOAP (XMLP) specification, on which the SOAP/JMS
specification is based, seems to be insufficient to the task.  My
recommendation is that you attempt to implement SOAP over HTTP, for
which there are public tools and endpoints available, to verify your
comprehension and the interoperability of your tool, and then use that
code (and understanding) in the extension to SOAP/JMS.

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 16:20:33 +0000, Sanjeev_Dokiburra@ibi.com wrote:
> 1.       So I guess the value of soapAction attribute in the WSDL has to
> be used while constructing  SOAP service call  as below(even though it
> is using JMS transport).  Please correct me if I am way off base.

You are way off base.  The SOAPAction attribute does not designate an
endpoint; in terms that are now considered obsolete, the value of the
attribute is a uniform resource *identifier*, not a uniform resource
*locator*.  That is, this attribute contains a string (xsd:anyURI is
best defined as "not a URI in any meaningful sense of the term") which
identifies the bit of code to be invoked on the server.

It is not an endpoint.  It is a piece of information used (by the
service side) to select a code path for processing (or not so used,
depending on the architecture of the service side).

> 2.       I would like to test my client by connecting to a JMS
> webservice.  Wondering if there is any webservice exposed with jms
> transport, for public usage.

So far as I am aware, no one has completed implementation to the point
of deploying public services for interoperability testing.  The
SOAP-JMS working group has now delivered our Last Call Working Draft,
so this may change at any moment, as we enter the
interoperability/testing phase, looking for problems in our
specification.  I would recommend that you first test your
understanding/implementation of SOAP by finding similar resources for
SOAP/HTTP, and insuring that everything works as expected (for
instance, the above misapprehension of the function of SOAPAction might
have been obviated by implementing in that environment).

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis
Senior Architect