RE: namespace policy for SML/SML-IF

Hmm... my reading of  certainly seems to be 1 doc/nsURI
[section 2] In all Member and Team Submissions:
1.      Namespace URIs MUST be dereferenceable, and
2.      Namespace Documents MUST describe the relationship between the
defining specification and the namespace URI
[section 3]
A Namespace Document describes the namespace, providing directly or by
reference information for human and also, ideally, machine consumption. A
Namespace Document is available for retrieval using a corresponding
namespace URI.
Note section 2 says each nsURI must be dereferenceable (a bit obtusely
because it mixes singular and plural), section 3 says document (singular)
describes ns (singular).  At the bottom of the page there is a mechanism
to submit comments, if the users of the document cannot figure it out that
seems like pretty good reason to comment (and, following our own editorial
"good practices", that means drafting a replacement they can start from).
Unless the working group feels those comments need to be vetted by the wg,
I personally would be fine if someone chose to submit comments on their
own behalf... we can discuss later today if anyone feels the need.
If you want a "what is normal practice" read Kumar, you might ask Jules.
If we are contemplating sending the NS documents with the CR draft, he
probably would feel better knowing about their arrival beforehand.
(Although, if we did send the draft on 11/18, I'm now talking about the
past using future tense, what would Ford Prefect say?)

Best Regards, John

Street address: 2455 South Road, P328 Poughkeepsie, NY USA 12601
Voice: 1+845-435-9470      Fax: 1+845-432-9787

From:
Kumar Pandit <kumarp@windows.microsoft.com>
To:
Len Charest <Len.Charest@microsoft.com>, "public-sml@w3.org"