Launched [Was: Preparing to launch W3C site survey - 15 May]

Hi all,

Home page news done; see archive:
 http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9822

Tweeted:
 https://twitter.com/w3c/status/334743555300024320

A List Apart comment:
 http://alistapart.com/comments/w3c-is-getting-some-work-done#334823

Email sent to W3C Members, Chairs, and Team.

Let the flood begin.

Ian

On May 14, 2013, at 9:23 PM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Many thanks to Kelly McCarthy for programming the site redesign survey,
> and to all who helped formulate the questions.
>  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/w3c_redesign
>
> Tonight I made some modifications:
>
> 1) Added an intro page with a privacy policy (and set up the survey for that policy)
> 2) Configured the survey to end around midnight ET on 29 May
>
> If anyone wants to do a last pass to see if the survey still works, that would be appreciated. :)
>
> We are ready to open the survey on 15 May. Please find below draft text for various announcements.
>
> Ian
>
> ====================================
> Home page news
>
> Subject: How Can W3C Improve Its Web Site? Let Us Know!
>
> Body:
> Boston time on 29 May 2013.</p>
>
> ====================================
> Tweet
>
> Help W3C improve its Web site; short survey open through 29 May https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/w3c_redesign
>
> ====================================
> Message to W3C Members, Chairs, and Team,
>
> Subject: W3C site redesign survey - Open Through 29 May
>
> Body:
> Dear Advisory Committee Representatives, Chairs, and Team,
>
> The Site Redesign Task Force [1], part of Headlights 2013 [2], invites you to
> take a short survey to help us improve the W3C home page, public site more broadly,
> Member site, Working Group and other group home pages, and technical reports:
>  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/w3c_redesign
>
> The survey is open through 11:59pm Boston time on 29 May. We encourage you to
> disseminate the link to the survey within your organizations and groups.
>
> We plan to discuss the findings from this survey at the Advisory Committee Meeting
> in Tokyo.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas on how we can improve our site for all.
>
> Ian Jacobs, Head of W3C Communications
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/wiki/Headlights2013/SiteRedesign
> [2] http://www.w3.org/wiki/Headlights2013/

> A List Apart comment
>
> Update! W3C has launched a <a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/w3c_redesign">site redesign survey</a> and invites the community to share thoughts on how we can improve the site. The survey is open through 11:59pm ET on 29 May 2013.
>
> --
> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
> Tel:                                          +1 718 260 9447

Tel:                                          +1 718 260 9447