Re: [Errors] Working Session Wednesday 1 September 2021

Present: Jake, Sarah
Regrets: Todd, Jemma

Mapping errors data to functional needs matrix (Jake)
FAST group working on matrix of Functions, Needs, Outcomes
User Functions, categories and subcategories
User Needs
Intersection is User Outcomes
WCAG focus is on creating outcomes based on user needs
Jake talked through mapping errors user needs to FAST matrix <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1POhgI_xHZtSoNbHFp3r5HYIkl6ePaP8DC5d90SZ1tF4/edit#gid=752043294>
Many questions about WCAG 3 framework, what is framework, structure, how granular, how to apply consistent granularity
User needs could be framework
For example, for errors, Users are instructed for input, Users are instructed for correcting errors
Next steps: Jake to continue work, present idea/concepts

Additional topics (not discussed on call but for group to take forward)
PR#548 <https://github.com/w3c/silver/pull/548> submitted for approval. Stay tuned for CfC!
WCAG to Silver Outline Map <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aCRXrtmnSSTso-6S_IO9GQ3AKTB4FYt9k92eT_1PWX4/edit> discussed on last week’s Silver call, with a request to add in Guidelines <https://www.w3.org/2021/08/27-silver-minutes.html#t04>. Please have a look and add in details related to errors (or any other SC) including user needs, guidelines, and methods. I’ve added in the proposed WCAG 3 guidelines. Noting that outcomes are not part of the content template, only methods. I’ve added a comment asking for clarification.
In 11 Aug meeting <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2021Aug/0031.html> we decided to hold off on content development for new guidelines until new format is defined.
Additional work on Error Prevention Guideline <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-wx57F_p1V-ndalMgBjQUZkQU6zN7dnenTx112_C0I/edit>, completing remaining outcome/methods and drafting how-to content. Please add!