Re: [Errors] Working Session Wednesday 11 August 2021

Present: Jemma, Sarah
Regrets: Todd, Jake

Update on Error Prevention
Updated content is in the Editors draft <https://w3c.github.io/silver/guidelines/#error-prevention> for review in next week’s AGWG survey. Hoping to get the content approved for inclusion in the next working draft.
One remaining issue with the content on the How-to page <https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG3/2021/how-tos/error-prevention/>, the Guideline heading and description are not correct. Currently the outcome name “Input Instructions Provided” is the heading and the description is “Error Prevention”. The heading should be the guideline name “Error Prevention” and the description should be “Provide features that help users avoid errors.” Cannot find the correct page to update in the files on Github and have asked Michael for help.

Changes to WCAG3 structure
Discussed updates from Silver meeting <https://www.w3.org/2021/08/06-silver-minutes.html#t01> clarifying that both content and structure of outcomes and methods will be updated.
Decided to hold off on significant content development for new guidelines, outcomes, and methods until new format is clearly defined, with an example we can use as a model, and we have participation from an ACT group member.

Plan for new content
We will focus on completing the Error Prevention guideline content by completing the remaining outcomes and methods and starting work on the how-to content.
We will work on Error Notification in the background, with the goal of shifting focus to this guideline once we have the WCAG3 structure and ACT assistance in place.