Re: [Errors] Working Session Friday 28 May 2021

Note that the proposed Error Prevention guideline, outcome, and one method are on the agenda for next week’s joint AGWG and Silver meeting <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2021AprJun/0214.html>  Please join the meeting if you are able, especially those who have contributed to the content so far. It’s our opportunity to answer questions and provide the rationale, and your perspectives are important.

Participants: Todd and Sarah
Todd will provide an update at today’s Silver Taskforce meeting.

We used the working session to talk about next steps for the errors subgroup:
Subgroup participation is dropping off. We need more members to ensure collective wisdom and consensus are fully represented in the work of the group.
Work ahead includes completing Error Prevention outcomes and methods and starting on Error Notification and Error Contingencies guidelines, developing content, reviewing, finalizing, setting up on Github.
Participation includes meeting to review progress, provide input, and work through complex issues, as well as asynchronous work producing guidelines.
Are there more Silver Taskforce members who can commit time to the group? Could AGWG members put attention to developing Silver guidelines such as these? Would another meeting time make it possible for others to participate?
Next steps: We agreed to continue functioning as a group and continue to encourage others to participate for now. If we can’t recruit more members we will revisit.

We also worked on the Error Prevention guideline content:
We reviewed the Instructions for completing tasks <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZsIC7pXqQS8L15GQnkXnV5RHHqpUmnAYaPiEGU2kQ9g/edit#heading=h.9sr1bymqrkeh> method and worked through tests and scoring, including exception. Method is ready to migrate to Github.
Next steps: Todd will work on Required inputs identified method <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZsIC7pXqQS8L15GQnkXnV5RHHqpUmnAYaPiEGU2kQ9g/edit#heading=h.z0wkc7actns4>. Sarah will start work building out the Moderated form submission outcome <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JEMptWtJ68pxrlbBukcUi5zwTrDNhftfOCCpN8ehET4/edit#heading=h.1nw6ofeprzl5>.