Re: Followup on conversation on improving asynchronous communication

Additional Uses
Asynchronous supplemental communication (like email)
Tagging members for awareness, participation, or response

The point of proposing this was that any schedule we adopt will include pain for some participants. By better supporting more flexible options for asynchronous (and synchronous) communication to supplement that schedule, those people unwilling or unable to accept that pain can still have another method to contribute.

Tools
Slack (SalesForce)
Is widely considered accessible
Has dedicated accessibility team
Features: https://slack.com/features <https://slack.com/features>
Teams (Microsoft)
Is widely considered accessible
Has dedicated accessibility team
Features: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software>

W3C already has a Slack Community <http://w3ccommunity.slack.com/>, which includes a channel for Silver – #silver-wcag3, for which there are currently 21 members.

I prefer Slack to email, because I can participate from any device at any time, whereas I only have my email clients configured on 2 devices.

Charles Hall

Senior Accessibility Designer
Invited Expert, W3C AGWG & Silver TF
Chair, W3C IDIW CG
Member, Ferndale Accessibility & Inclusion Advisory Commission