Re: Functional Outcomes MUST cover all benefits OR must be duplicated

Hi Jake,

Thanks for raising thoughtful questions.

We have been looking at these issues in the last couple weeks as we
build out the content and test the new conformance model. Sarah Horton
did a lot of work last week with a spreadsheet model to test the
consistency of the content and look for patterns.

I recommend reading the minutes from Friday and look at the consistency
spreadsheet.  The recommendation we looked at Friday was to roughly
define Outcomes as having an AND relationship with the guidelines (you
have to have [this] Outcome AND [this] Outcome AND [this] Outcome.).
There is an OR relationship with Methods: (you can do it [this] way OR
[that way].  Most of the time, the OR will be technology related and
probably wouldn't need a decision tree.  In the case of Alt Text,
decision trees have been valuable tools in the past and could be useful
going forward.

I want to emphasize that this model needs more detailed testing, but as
a model for moving forward to FPWD, this looks viable and I think
addresses both of your questions.  Please bring any additional concerns
to the group.  It is helpful to keep working out the details of the model.

1) Email summary of minutes of 4 September 2020
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2020Sep/0010.html>

2) Consistency spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_Vu0ix-d-Qrv1wDZYQhfUX6jICE_bRalypp1rtcie8w/#gid=1109648765>