Methods SUFFICIENT for an Outcome AND are all Methods REQUIRED?

= Re: Method documents updates from Alt Text subgroup (September 4th) =

For "text alternative" we have two (2) Methods I can see for one (1)
Functional Outcome (in this example)

(Functional) Outcome:

   - Provides a text alternative to make non-text content accessible for
   people using different user agents or assistive technologies. For example,
   personal assistants are also user agents that depend on  text alternatives.

   - People using different user agents and assistive technologies have
   access to the equivalent text provided by the text alternative.

Methods using this Outcome:

Text alternative for Images of text (HTML)
Text alternative for Functional Images (HTML)

Now, a decision tree should/must be used for which one is applicable and IF
a Method is not present for (yet) how can we judge / score a general method?

Also, what does it say about a method? Is it advisory depending on the tree
outcome?
Are methods required even if not applicable?
The Outcome can serve different requirements for different Methods not
clear from the Outcome itself.

Of course happy to illustrate or discus but adjectival scoring if not
documented completely with all Methods in place breaks consistency and
reliability and validity.

Cheers,
Jake