RE: Enterprise customers and monitoring

I certainly agree there is a high demand for scoring and dashboards – but given the different factors, preferences, and changes in technology there are aspects that we won’t be able to achieve consensus on.  I believe there was discussion of this when the WCAG Evaluation Methodology was created and the group ultimately did not make a recommendation on approach.

Jonathan

From: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 5:11 PM
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>; WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Fwd: Enterprise customers and monitoring

All,

Someone has privately suggested to me that my current focus on Dashboards as part of the scoring discussion is driven by Deque's business needs. While I can freely admit that I am indeed watching out for the interests of my employer (you don't?), the need for this type of scoring ability is not being heard exclusively by Deque.

In chatting with Karl Groves (Tenon.io) he indicated that his company is receiving the same kind of requests/requirements from their enterprise clients. Karl has granted me permission to share this email with the group as more data and evidence of this need.

JF