From: Charles Hall <hallmediamobile@gmail.com>
Sent: 04 June 2020 18:44
To: Michael Crabb (Staff) <m.z.crabb@dundee.ac.uk>
Cc: public-silver@w3.org
Subject: Re: Update on XR SubGroup - Meetings and Developing User Needs

Hi Mike,

Thank you for compiling this. Apologies if I missed a meeting. It was not clear that a recurring meeting had been set.

I am not familiar with using GitHub other than adding a comment.

RE: 2.a.i & 2.a.ii — specifically, “…and would encourage others to add to this list so that we have a wide array of needs to consider”:

The Functional Needs Subgroup is currently aggregating and compiling and extending a list of needs beyond the scope of the EN 301 549 Functional Performance Statements (Functional Needs – Expanding<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eJkgXqbh7dx3uD6XAy8XAANmwfbbVZ5GKb_gbsUdkVs/edit?usp=sharing>). This is intended to get consensus from many W3C groups contributing to and relying on this information.
It combines at least the following W3C sources: MAUR; XAUR; ARIA-AT; FAST; and COGA Functions. It also notes and considers at least the following external resources: EN 301 549 Functional Performance Statements; CVAA (47 CFR §14.21 - Performance Objectives); ISO 9241-171:2008 Ergonomics of human-system interaction (Part 171: Guidance on software accessibility); and IMS Global Learning Consortium – Accessibility Background (§2.1 Disabilities, Functional Limitations, and Accessibility Tips).
How should the output of this work be captured in the list of User Needs for this subgroup?

Charles Hall

Invited Expert, W3C AGWG & Silver TF
Chair, W3C IDIW CG