W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > February 2020

Minutes from 25 February teleconference

From: Sajka, Janina <sajkaj@amazon.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 15:46:13 +0000
To: "public-silver@w3.org" <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <a78e486e1d5c42cc9f0d38b25ed7f94e@EX13D28UWC001.ant.amazon.com>

Minutes from the Silver Task Force and Community Group teleconference of
Tuesday 25 February are provided here.

===========================================================
SUMMARY:

Discussion re FPWD preparation.

===========================================================

Hypertext minutes available at:
https://www.w3.org/2020/02/25-silver-minutes.html

===========================================================

   W3C

                                                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                                                                      Silver Task Force & Community Group

25 Feb 2020

Attendees

   Present
          jeanne, Chuck, sajkaj, Rachael, maryjom, Makoto, kirkwood, KimD, AndyS, bruce_bailey, CharlesHall, JF

   Regrets

   Chair
          Shawn, jeanne

   Scribe
          janina, jeanne

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Updates to Editor's Draft
         2. Edits to Visual COntrast Method
         3. CSUN Tuesday breakfast signup?
         4. Challenges and Survey
         5. Scoring Example
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <sajkaj> scribe: janina

Updates to Editor's Draft

   <Lauriat> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/silver/ED-draft=comments-changes-js/guidelines/index.html

   <sajkaj> js: This is a pass for plain language covering Scoring and Conformance

   <sajkaj> js: Andy has put much work into enhancements to methods, but not yet visible

   <sajkaj> js: Some issues merging his work ...

   <jeanne> https://raw.githack.com/Myndex/silver/master/guidelines/methods/Method-font-characteristic-contrast.html

   <sajkaj> js: Right content, older format

   <sajkaj> js: Not our current wire frame, but impressive content contribution

   <sajkaj> js: Test rewritten ...

   <sajkaj> Andy: Have a pr for you

   <sajkaj> js: Next, have conformance edits from Peter and from Angela, both now in a branch ...

   <jeanne> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/silver/ED-comments-korn-js/guidelines/index.html#scoring-conformance

Edits to Visual COntrast Method

   <jeanne> https://raw.githack.com/Myndex/silver/master/guidelines/methods/Method-font-characteristic-contrast.html

   <AndyS> https://raw.githack.com/Myndex/silver/patch-1/guidelines/methods/Method-font-characteristic-contrast.html

   <sajkaj> bb: Just now fixed my spelling errors in patch 1 -- the link I just pasted

   <sajkaj> js: Notes Andy DOES have the new format -- awesome!

   <sajkaj> andy: Tried to add scrolling for code sample ...

   <sajkaj> js: It's just a wire frame. Not to worry about that

   <sajkaj> bb: Looks fabulous

   <sajkaj> Andy: Used Monday's commit so added last night based on latest

   <sajkaj> bb: bit of a glitch on resources tab

   <sajkaj> andy: Image on my repository, I don't have write in Silver repo

   <sajkaj> [discussion of how to include complex math in our doc]

   <sajkaj> js: Are there parts we need in our howto?

   <jeanne2> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/silver/ED-draft=comments-changes-js/guidelines/explainers/visualContrast.html

   <sajkaj> js: Concerned some gets lost ...

   <sajkaj> bb: unsure how much can be pulled from methods for this howto ...

   <sajkaj> bb: It's a plainer language explanation whereas the methods are more technical

   <sajkaj> sl: Get started tab could benefit from plain lang

   <sajkaj> sl: Maybe the lists under how might benefit from table structure

   <sajkaj> charles: suggests are methods are technical

   <sajkaj> sl: Yes, but initial explanation need not be

   <sajkaj> sl: The first two paras, for instance, could be the how and plain lang

   <bruce_bailey> How (in Explainer) seems to be repeat of Predicted Contrast of Detailed Description in method

   <sajkaj> js: Agree that Get Started should be oriented to beginners

   <sajkaj> js: Notes that our FPWD will be accompanied by questions for which we're seeking public comment

   <sajkaj> andy: Asks where bibliography goes?

   <sajkaj> [discussion on how to record our bibliography]

   <sajkaj> charles: Asking for a check on my understanding re tool assisted testing

   <sajkaj> charles: howto says "use a tool"

   <sajkaj> charles: method is "what the tool does"

   <sajkaj> charles: Where a human to run the method, it would take hours

   <bruce_bailey> @JF https://raw.githack.com/w3c/silver/ED-draft=comments-changes-js/guidelines/explainers/visualContrast.html

   <sajkaj> js: We need methods for users of the tool; but also for tool developers

   <KimD> +1

   <Zakim> bruce_bailey, you wanted to comment on "use a tool"

   <sajkaj> bb: "Run a tool" may not be useful at this stage

   <sajkaj> bb: We're in an intermediary state just now it seems

   <sajkaj> bb: We should stay focussed on what we can get done for FPWD

   <sajkaj> jf: Recalling our commitment to use ACT rules and not seeing any of that in our FPWD?

   <bruce_bailey> +1 to methods that use ACT rules format

   <sajkaj> jf: Mightn't we at least enumerate those?

   <sajkaj> js: Tried to get that and haven't managed to pulling it together

   <Lauriat> +1, absolutely

   <sajkaj> js: People able to help on that needed

   <sajkaj> jf: Wonders of when and how we will prioritize that as part of the migration

   <sajkaj> sl: Suggests a good F2F agendum

   <sajkaj> jf: Would want to make sure key people, like Wilco, are present for that

   <sajkaj> js: Adding it to the F2F Agenda

CSUN Tuesday breakfast signup?

   <Chuck> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://doodle.com/poll/nacwpgxaeukfqzqi__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!Jk5pi-iFktikvTacmtrgx892zJn9HtFAH-3FNIwvai_5rgmZIR8xLtjZ1L8boNantA$

   <JF> https://doodle.com/poll/nacwpgxaeukfqzqi

   <jeanne2> sign up for breakfast

Challenges and Survey

   <sajkaj> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/wcag/conformance-challenges-redesign1/conformance-challenges/

   <jeanne2> Scribe: jeanne

   <sajkaj> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Conformance-Challenges-FPWD2/

   <jeanne2> Saj: Editors draft and changes

   <jeanne2> ... survey

   <jeanne2> ... we particularly want to get feedback from Silver

   <jeanne2> SL: The survey isn't open yet

   <kirkwood> saying it will open 2020-03-05.

   <jeanne2> [brief discussion]

   <jeanne2> Jeanne: Please send to the list when the date problems are worked out.

   <sajkaj> Ehttps://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Conformance-Challenges-FPWD2/results

   <bruce_bailey> Message is: This questionnaire is not yet open. It will open on 2020-03-05. Inform your Team contact if you think it should already be open.

   <bruce_bailey> I can open results link with my credentials

   <bruce_bailey> I see: This questionnaire will be open from 2020-03-05 to 2020-03-17.

Scoring Example

   <sajkaj> js: Alastair had several requested changes to our text ...

   <sajkaj> jf: Have been building test files to test headings hopefully available soon

   <jeanne2> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LfzTd_8WgTi0IUOOjUCRfRQ7e7__FRcnZow4w7zLlkY/edit#heading=h.qenaldiie00y

   <sajkaj> js: What version of headings?

   <sajkaj> jf: Editor's Draft

   <sajkaj> js: There's more work on that section not yet reflected in the Editor's Draft

   <sajkaj> jf: Want to contribute test files

   <sajkaj> sl: Even early test files will still be helpful

   <sajkaj> [discussion of some of the details]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present: jeanne Chuck sajkaj Rachael maryjom Makoto kirkwood KimD AndyS bruce_bailey CharlesHall JF
Scribes: janina, jeanne



----------------------------------

Janina Sajka
Accessibility Standards Consultant
sajkaj@amazon.com<mailto:sajkaj@amazon.com>
Received on Tuesday, 25 February 2020 15:46:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:47 UTC