From: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2019 10:06 AM
To: Bruce Bailey <Bailey@Access-Board.gov>
Cc: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>; Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>; public-silver@w3.org; Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>; Shawn Lauriat <lauriat@google.com>
Subject: Re: Conformance and method 'levels'

Hi Bruce,

Interesting approach, and personally I have to think on it more, however I think we are essentially coming from the same place:

  1.  "Minimal conformance" requires a baseline of points - the assignment of points to WCAG 2.x SC being our next challenge
  2.  Additional points (and in your model ribbons as well) are earned by the site owner, based on positive activities
  3.  Points and ribbons "earning" are also holistic in their approach
  4.  Because of this, the score will always be 'transitional' - that it will be evolving throughout the life-cycle of the site
In your model (points for Requirements, ribbons for Best Practices) do you envision content owners gaining both points and ribbons over time, or is it a "start with a points base, and augment that with ribbons only" scenario? But I do like the idea of rewarding Best Practices as a means of augmenting the score.

JF

(Back in the day I was a Taurin Druid, specializing in skinning and leather-work. I had my own private guild called "I'd Rather be Hunting" - which not everybody got...)