Re: Silver from a Canadian pov

I think these are good points for the request to produce a group inventory of pros and cons for each proposal. Like, “supports the ‘equal benefits’ points in current legislation”.

I believe that the interest and intent is to reward outcomes, but recognize inputs. The creation process may be recognized if it results in measurable improvement in outcomes. So, not “because we do x, y, z”, but rather because thing {a} met the guideline for defined functional need, and the outcome of the act of {x} exceeded the guideline by meeting the {additional functional need}.

I think the “accessibility supported” concern in Silver is less about author control for use with current technology and more to do with author prediction of emerging technology. But in my opinion, the author is beholden to the user through the same protocols that the assistive technology is. So if a given AT fails to recognize the title attribute and value on an <abbr> element, it is not a fail from the author because the mechanism was available.

Charles Hall // Senior UX Architect

(he//him)
charles.hall@mrm-mccann.com<mailto:charles.hall@mrm-mccann.com?subject=Note%20From%20Signature>
w 248.203.8723
m 248.225.8179
360 W Maple Ave, Birmingham MI 48009
mrm-mccann.com<https://www.mrm-mccann.com/>

[MRM//McCann]
Relationship Is Our Middle Name

Network of the Year, Cannes Lions 2019
Ad Age Agency A-List 2016, 2017, 2019
Ad Age Creativity Innovators 2016, 2017
Ad Age B-to-B Agency of the Year 2018
North American Agency of the Year, Cannes 2016
Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2017, 2018, 2019
Most Creatively Effective Agency Network in the World, Effie 2018, 2019