W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > August 2019

Minutes and Summary of Silver Conformance meeting of 13 August 2019

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 20:43:00 -0400
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <80b465b7-ca1a-9679-2ed3-599e3f4b7d69@spellmanconsulting.com>
The group continued working on writing the measures of how to evaluate 
Silver conformance 
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/13A8mGMnQujfEVqcw_LmAUYT8DDq_qW0TNcHxmCHd0io/edit#> 
based on the Silver Requirements document. *Technology Neutral: *We 
accepted a proposal to evaluate Technology Neutral by taking 4 WCAG SC 
and 2 of the new proposals from COGA and LV through the entire process. 
We will go back to AGWG, COGA TF and LVTF for their approval of our 
work. There were some concerns that it is important to communicate with 
AGWG, but it also might be better to ask them for comments on the whole 
work, not just Technology Neutral.  We will ask the entire Silver group 
their opinion.

*Readability*: We agreed that this is a content issue that doesn't seem 
to have a direct application to Conformance.

*Regulatory*:  We agreed to ask at least 5, but not more than 10, 
regulators from different countries and legal accessibility experts.

Jeanne, Luis, and Jennison will work on proposals for the last two 
requirements for next week's meeting.

We looked at the Issues and Exceptions list from the Silver Conformance 
Summary (May 2019) 
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wklZRJAIPzdp2RmRKZcVsyRdXpgFbqFF6i7gzCRqldc/edit#>

We added two additional Exceptions: user-generated content and 3rd party 
content. The group wants to look at any other issues that should be on 
the list.  Jeanne will create a new document of just Issues and Exceptions.

Meeting Minutes: https://www.w3.org/2019/08/13-silver-conf-minutes.html
Received on Wednesday, 14 August 2019 00:43:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:46 UTC