From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2019 12:42 PM
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Subject: Proposal for new version of Requirement 3.7 Motivtion

Here is the proposal for revision of Requirement 3.7 Motivation as requested by AGWG to make it measureable.

Motivation

The Guidelines motivate organizations to go beyond minimal accessibility requirements by providing a scoring system that rewards organizations that demonstrate a greater effort to improve accessibility.  For example, Methods that go beyond the minimum (such as: Methods for Guidelines that are not included in WCAG 2.x A or AA, task-completion evalations, or testing with users with disabilities) are worth more points in the scoring system.