From: Shawn Lauriat <lauriat@google.com>
Sent: Friday, 12 October 2018 10:54 AM
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
Subject: Looking For Contributors -- Developers to Write Methods in Plain Language

All,

We need the help of developers and auditors who would like to help write methods for the Silver plain language prototype.

Sample WCAG 2.1 Success Criteria:

  *   2.4.10 Section Headings<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#section-headings>
  *   4.1.2 Name, Role, Value<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#name-role-value>
  *   1.3.3 Sensory Characteristics<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#sensory-characteristics>
  *   2.2.2 Pause, Stop, Hide<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#pause-stop-hide>
For each of these four success criteria, please consider how you might explain implementation to a less-experienced developer.  You can presume basic competency in HTML and JavaScript but not necessarily much knowledge of digital accessibility.  You should also consider what was useful to you when you were learning how to apply WCAG to your own work.

Your content would fit into a developer-specific part of the presented information (you may use or change these headings, as you wish): https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1Y8BSG0xmzqEIJcKiewc2KSs3SrHwenLcmghQlZGQ28g/edit

Your structure is as important as your content, as we are using these prototypes to consider how we might structure Silver.  So please indicate the headings clearly, and try to keep these headings consistent across all four sample success criteria.

We do not need you to address the content that is already in the "get started" tab, such as the intent (why), or the definition of the success criteria (what) or what disabilities are impacted (who).  Instead, we are looking for samples that explain the How and the What's expected and other important elements for developers.
"Get Started" Tab Drawing: as reference only https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1uebx3tpkt2dGZaV8GnWVw-LBLE_u9bOtlHH09HVAjTs/edit

Plain Language Prototype: as reference only https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BGr0XSQgjBSVDG_Xn9MoodEq01cJxgg_EE0bniXONXM/

Some of the content will likely re-use Techniques content already written for success criteria, so absolutely feel free to re-purpose hard work already done!

Feel free to reach out on the mailing list with any questions you have about this! Not picky about how we get the content, so use whatever format works best for you to write things up. Maybe just send a note in response claiming a guideline?

Much appreciated!

-Shawn & the Silver crew