W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > August 2018

meeting minutes for Silver meeting of 24 August, 2019

From: Ku, Jaeun <jku@illinois.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 19:04:37 +0000
To: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@paciellogroup.com>, Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <DM5PR11MB2027B9B2CB70F439ADBDD9EDCF360@DM5PR11MB2027.namprd11.prod.outlook.com>
Here is the meeting minutes for Silver meeting of 24 August, 2019
https://www.w3.org/2018/08/24-silver-minutes.html


Thanks,

JaEun Jemma Ku, PhD
Internet Applications Systems Specialist
University library
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
424 Library, M/C 522
1408 West Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
1-217-244-2145
jku@illinois.edu
https://a11yfirst.library.illinois.edu/




W3C
- DRAFT -
Silver Community Group Teleconference
24 Aug 2018
Attendees
Present
KimD, jemma, jeanne, Lauriat, AngelaAccessForAll
Regrets
John_Kirkwood, jan_mcsorley
Chair
Jeanne, Shawn
Scribe
Jemma
Contents
Topics
Survey on CSUN F2F meeting
Combined Plain Language prototype update
New information architecture proposal
Summary of Action Items
Summary of Resolutions
<scribe> scribe:Jemma

Survey on CSUN F2F meeting
<jeanne> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2018Aug/0045.html


<jeanne> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15VnXYivdrLjOe17Jt9ZkrF6EphS1aQCPwfgct_JYfcM/edit


Combined Plain Language prototype update
<AngelaAccessForAll> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D-4Uro0KX_Q4BtsPblIgyHc2AVKeW8Bq3VeBMkXd_Do/edit?usp=sharing


angela: What I did was that I took into consideration for several prototypes and combined each
... I appreciate any feedback for the proposal

jeanne: should we need to use WCAG numbering?
... we can add numbering as reference, ie. (formerly WCAG 2.4.10)

jemma: "who must do this section" has object and platform(ie. simple website, mobile application), not only "who".

shawn: yes, it seems that we are mixing plain lanuage prototype with conformance model prototype.

jeanne: "linking to point system" here is a hook
... we can take out this into conformance seciton. - updated the doc.

jemma: these are all the good info but it seems to be lengthy.

Shawn: similar opinion with Jemma - Furthermore, it may get longer if we get to the complex example. we may try to use a complex example to see.

angela: good idea.

rrsagents, make minutes

shawn: it would be good we just do one prototype for each model and test it out.

kimd: wondering "How" section fits into SC content

shawn, LuisG: we can keep the structure and translate other info into another doc.

jeanne: silver proposal is having the same SC heading and put "understanding doc" under the SC heading

jemma: clear project scope definition for each model would be beneficial.

New information architecture proposal
<jeanne> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CBk9qG5u5LGJa9pIvou5JsqxnZFiROyeuUN6fmhU3D8/edit#


The group discuss the info architecture doc- taging system, flattening the structure, API consumption- and comments from Alastair

shawn: we can aim for creating example and testing for each.

jeanne: this data structure will be many to many relationship according to the chat with MichaleC yesterday.

shawn: that would be fantastic.

jeanne: please add feedback and comments to the doc.

shawn: one thing I would like to suggest is that testing whether this data structure will be scalable and flexible to add more technologies and examples.

kimd: tagging will be the key things.

for this

jeanne: do we have already tagging doc for this? If not, I will start one.

rrsagents, make minutes

Summary of Action Items
Summary of Resolutions
[End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 24 August 2018 19:05:04 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:55 UTC