W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > October 2017

Minutes of the Silver Task Force meeting of 20 October 2017

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 10:46:49 -0400
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <6acbe2e5-9a6d-c093-1812-0024f9d399b9@spellmanconsulting.com>
Formatted minutes:
https://www.w3.org/2017/10/20-silver-minutes.html


Text version of the minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

20 Oct 2017

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/20-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Shawn, Josie, Jeanne, jemma

    Regrets
           Jennison, Jan

    Chair
           Shawn, Jeanne

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Silver Presentation for TPAC
          2. [5]Starting interviews
          3. [6]Regrets for next week
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      * [8]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    clear agenda

Silver Presentation for TPAC

    [9]https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1eqUPEPxIH8AJZ8aVY3-v
    wGMH0sdrXhMG_JCQTp9PSy8/edit#slide=id.g271992ec58_0_333

       [9] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1eqUPEPxIH8AJZ8aVY3-vwGMH0sdrXhMG_JCQTp9PSy8/edit#slide=id.g271992ec58_0_333

    <scribe> scribe: jeanne

    Shawn: This is a draft our of TPAC presentation to the
    Accessibility Guidelines Working Group
    ... we are also doing a presentation for the Meetup, but that
    is not this presentation
    ... this is a recap to the WG, who may not have read our
    updates or forgotten them in the rush to work on 2.1
    ... last year at TPAC, the AGWG decided which proposal for
    developing SIlver that we should follow.
    ... I think the Stakeholder slide is too detailed

    Jeanne: Showing that we have broad input is important in W3C
    process

    <jemma> I put sub topics for literature review slide.

    <jemma> basic idea for literature review slide is why, how,
    what

    Jeanne: I want a slide on presentations and public outreach

    Shawn: We haven't done that many, but lets think about what
    could be on the slide and decide later
    ... The research project was originally scheduled to take 6
    months and we are already past that. We need to speak to that.
    ... I'm making a slide with a visual timeline to replace the
    WCAG timeline, which the AGWG is already known.
    ... since some of the phases are quite short, we want to show
    that visually, so people don't think this is a 5-year project.
    ... also some of the phases are overlapped, so a diagram would
    show that better.

    Jemma: INterpretation date should include Q1

    Jeanne: We want to show the AGWG that we are doing a lot to
    involve research

    Shawn: When we presented to the AGWG at TPAC 2016, they wanted
    to see research-driven decisions. It will be important to them
    to see that there is progress
    ... Discovery and Interpretation will be an on-going process
    ... we want to emphasize the change in structure
    ... This is important to communicate to the AGWG that success
    criteria that can't make it into 2.1 will not be punted to
    Silver as a magic bullet.
    ... We want to emphasize to the AGWG that we need their
    expertise in the future
    ... we also want to be clear that we are aware of 2.1 and that
    we are focused on Silver.

    Jemma: Just one slide for Stakeholder Map

    Shawn: Maybe just use the snippet of the spreadsheet
    ... 40+ roles and cross reference to different maps

    Jeanne: I'm good with that, the AGWG is sophisticated and would
    be more interested in the details. I have had outside interest
    in the Stakeholder Map. We should consider polishing it up and
    publishing it as a Note.

Starting interviews

    Jeanne: I have an action item to create the document to send to
    the Interviewees that includes the Consent section and the
    interview questions. I didn't do it because of some file
    corruption problems.

    Shawn: I will send the email with the Consent and questions

Regrets for next week

    Jemma: I will miss both days next week

    Shawn: I am traveling next week. I may attend Tuesday, but I
    will not attend on Friday.

    Jemma: What will I miss next week?

    Jeanne: I think we should start working on our analysis of
    Pete's raw research results, so we can report on them for TPAC.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________
Received on Friday, 20 October 2017 14:47:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:42 UTC