W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > May 2017

Minutes of the Silver Subgroup Teleconference of 9 May 2017

From: Sarah Horton <shorton@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 10:30:46 -0400
Message-Id: <F4EB5903-5E25-4A62-9000-F26A58C6EBD9@paciellogroup.com>
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html

                    Silver Task Force Teleconference

09 May 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Shawn, Jennison, Jan, Sarah, Jemma

   Regrets
   Chair
          Shawn

   Scribe
          Sarah

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Research project sheet review
         2. [5]Research question prioritization poll for community
            group input
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Research project sheet review

   <Lauriat> We have a researcher who reached out about research
   on WCAG and people with cognitive disabilities, with questions
   on that. Dave responded, looks good from here!

   <scribe> Scribe: Sarah

   Reviewed and updated research spreadsheet

   <scribe> ACTION: Shawn to follow up with Jeanne and Michael
   about Silver taskforce supporting funding requests [recorded in
   [8]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-83 - Follow up with jeanne and
   michael about silver taskforce supporting funding requests [on
   Shawn Lauriat - due 2017-05-16].

   <scribe> ACTION: Shawn and Jeanne to follow up on stakeholder
   outreach so we can start using stakeholders for research
   projects [recorded in
   [9]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action02]

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action02

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-84 - And jeanne to follow up on
   stakeholder outreach so we can start using stakeholders for
   research projects [on Shawn Lauriat - due 2017-05-16].

   <scribe> ACTION: Shawn and Jeanne to follow up on core survey
   questions so we can start running surveys [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action03]

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action03

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-85 - And jeanne to follow up on core
   survey questions so we can start running surveys [on Shawn
   Lauriat - due 2017-05-16].

   <Jan>
   [11]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouGc_nUULJDxTL3X8Td4x8T
   lm2OTLlbxjAfsPhWhEzA/edit#heading=h.bo5umosawinb

     [11] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouGc_nUULJDxTL3X8Td4x8Tlm2OTLlbxjAfsPhWhEzA/edit#heading=h.bo5umosawinb

   <Jan> Klaus:
   [12]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouGc_nUULJDxTL3X8Td4x8T
   lm2OTLlbxjAfsPhWhEzA/edit#heading=h.bo5umosawinb

     [12] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouGc_nUULJDxTL3X8Td4x8Tlm2OTLlbxjAfsPhWhEzA/edit#heading=h.bo5umosawinb

   <Jan> Nancy:
   [13]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ma-hQD0ownNlJb1Xo7Y3rM5
   YEjl2TJFQuarUS2my17M/edit

     [13] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ma-hQD0ownNlJb1Xo7Y3rM5YEjl2TJFQuarUS2my17M/edit

Research question prioritization poll for community group input

   Shawn: We should move forward with W3C poll

   <Lauriat>
   [14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_
   Projects

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_Projects

   Shawn: Have flagged some as high priority
   ... Main question is, what is best way to ask community group?
   ... Frame poll with design plan structure, ask, given that
   those are our objectives, which questions are most crucial?
   ... Provide questions and ask which are high priority
   ... High priority in the context of creating Silver
   ... Want to make sure we have flagged questions as important
   and high priority, overall goal to make sure we have research
   done in areas we need to design silver
   ... Poll to engage community group and also to be sure we have
   other perspectives

   <jemma> Hi all

   Hi, Jemma

   Shawn: Part of it is trying to see if we're missing something
   ... What about an intro paragraph to say, here's the design
   plan, here's the list of questions we are posiing, here's what
   we've flagged as high priority
   ... For designing Silver, what other questions should we be
   asking?

   Jennison: Would we do this as a poll?

   Shawn: Use the W3C poll tool

   Jennison: Using poll, that would be a way to collect responses

   Shawn: Create blog post that points to poll

   <scribe> ACTION: Jennison to draft background for post
   [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action04]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action04

   <trackbot> Error finding 'Jennison'. You can review and
   register nicknames at
   <[16]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/users>.

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/users

   <scribe> ACTION: Shawn and Jennison to draft background for
   post and create poll [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action05]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action05

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-86 - And jennison to draft background
   for post and create poll [on Shawn Lauriat - due 2017-05-16].

   [18]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vDzSCO-mEnPB7jaAzIhOOLf
   92b0pCuzzR8u_GSWTw_M/edit

     [18] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vDzSCO-mEnPB7jaAzIhOOLf92b0pCuzzR8u_GSWTw_M/edit

   Sarah: 2 dependencies for research activities—core research
   questions and stakeholder follow-up

   Sarh: Let's review actions at meetings

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Jennison to draft background for post [recorded
   in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Shawn and Jeanne to follow up on core survey
   questions so we can start running surveys [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Shawn and Jeanne to follow up on stakeholder
   outreach so we can start using stakeholders for research
   projects [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Shawn and Jennison to draft background for post
   and create poll [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Shawn to follow up with Jeanne and Michael about
   Silver taskforce supporting funding requests [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action01]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action04
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action03
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action02
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action05
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/09-silver-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]



Sarah Horton
UX Strategy Lead
The Paciello Group
603 252-6052 mobile

This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Received on Tuesday, 9 May 2017 14:31:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 9 May 2017 14:31:17 UTC