W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > April 2017

RE: Minutes of the Silver Subgroup Teleconference of 18 Apr 2017

From: 김 석일 <k.si@live.co.kr>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 07:17:28 +0000
To: "McNally, Peter" <PMcNally@Bentley.edu>, 'Sarah Horton' <shorton@paciellogroup.com>, Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <MWHPR13MB0928918BA73079E3EAF46E58A61A0@MWHPR13MB0928.namprd13.prod.outlook.com>
Thanks Peter.

It is great!


Regrets for fryday meeting.


Regards,

Sukil
________________________________
보낸 사람: McNally, Peter <PMcNally@Bentley.edu>
보낸 날짜: 2017년 4월 21일 금요일 오전 2:25
받는 사람: 'Sarah Horton'; Silver TF
제목: RE: Minutes of the Silver Subgroup Teleconference of 18 Apr 2017


Hi all,



Thanks for meeting on Tuesday and going over the survey.  Here is the next version of the survey.  I tried to cut down on the number of open ended questions as people tend to skip those and  that will take more time to analyze.



https://bentley.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe6/preview/SV_1H2etX4mRCdMRg1?Q_CHL=preview


Online Survey Software | Qualtrics Survey Solutions<https://bentley.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe6/preview/SV_1H2etX4mRCdMRg1?Q_CHL=preview>
bentley.co1.qualtrics.com
Qualtrics sophisticated online survey software solutions make creating online surveys easy. Learn more about Research Suite and get a free account today.





*      I may move the UX demographic question to the end of the survey as I want people to get to the questions on the guidelines first.

*      I have two questions that ask about the specific list of guidelines.  I listed out all the guidelines in summary form.  This will be easier to tabulate and analyze.  I took the text from the WCAG summaries of  (https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/glance and https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/).

Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/>
www.w3.org
WCAG 2.0 Supporting Documents The WCAG 2.0 document is designed to meet the needs of those who need a stable, referenceable technical standard.


WCAG 2.0 at a Glance | Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI ...<https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/glance>
www.w3.org
WCAG 2 at a Glance. This page provides a paraphrased summary of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. For the normative technical specification, see www.w3 ...





Please let me know if you have any wording changes, etc.



I was thinking it would be good to launch the survey on May 18 since it is Global Accessibility Awareness Day and also I can promote the survey at the UXPA Boston 2017 conference on May 19 (http://conference.uxpaboston.org/) which I will be attending.

UXPA Boston Conference | 2017<http://conference.uxpaboston.org/>
conference.uxpaboston.org
“The sheer amount of UX knowledge in the Boston area is surprising. This was my first UX conference and I thought it was just a niche field, I had no idea how ...





Thanks,
Pete



From: Sarah Horton [mailto:shorton@paciellogroup.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:29 AM
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
Subject: Minutes of the Silver Subgroup Teleconference of 18 Apr 2017



https://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-minutes.html




18 Apr 2017



   See also: [2]IRC log



      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-irc




Attendees



   Present

          Jemma, Jeanne, PeteMcNally, SukilKim, Jennison



   Regrets

          Shawn



   Chair

          Jeanne



   Scribe

          Sarah



Contents



     * [3]Topics

         1. [4]Check in with Pete McNally

     * [5]Summary of Action Items

     * [6]Summary of Resolutions

     __________________________________________________________



   <scribe> Scribe: Sarah



Check in with Pete McNally



   Pete: Shared preview of survey



   Plan to send out in a few weeks



   Pete: Survey is aimed at UX role, first question is to define

   role

   ... Next question about how long in field

   ... Next, how much does accessibility figure in position



   Sarah: Add question about how much time spent on accessibility



   Jeanne: Concern about number of questions



   Jennison: Has seen time question as percentage of time, how

   much of your time is spent



   Pete: Describe how you are involved with accessibility, free

   text input

   ... Getting more description there

   ... Trying to make the text input bigger, so it's multi-line

   ... How do you learn about accessibility topics, want to see if

   they have go-to places



   Jennison: Ask whether they have people they go to, "colleague"



   Jeanne: Would be helpful to create subset of questions, e.g.,

   demographic questions, that we could include on every survey



   Pete: Are you familiar with WCAG guidelines, yes/no

   ... There's not skip logic currently, but may skip past next

   questions about the guidelines if they say no

   ... How well does the structure support learning and

   remembering?

   ... Question is from the Silver research questions

   ... This will be a good prompt for interviews



   Jennison: Would be good to interview people who are and aren't

   using WCAG



   Pete: Which guidelines are most important to you, people who

   aren't as familiar might have different ways to remember and

   reference guidelines



   Jemma: Which are important to you in your work? Might be good

   to add context



   Pete: When you're engaged in your work activities, will make

   this more specific



   Sukil: Should we be asking a question about which device the

   person is using to complete the survey?



   Pete: Sounds like there will another survey that is focused on

   accessibility issues for people with disabilities

   ... Could gather more information about what platform people

   are working in

   ... Will add a question to the demographic questions

   ... How can the guidelines be improved to help respondent do

   their job

   ... Last question, asking if respondent is interested in phone

   interview

   ... Will go back to goals and make sure not missing key

   questions, also balancing length of survey

   ... Will map survey questions to research questions in Google

   doc

   ... Does not have schedule, will want to get it out fairly

   soon, end of month

   ... Has a couple of ways to reach out on mailing lists

   ... Also LinkedIn, Bentley network, students from classes

   ... Open to other suggestions



   Jennison: Will help get the word out through meetups

   ... Can also share at work



   Jeanne: Can filter stakeholder list and share with Pete

   ... First need to send follow-up to stakeholders



   Pete: Please look at intro text to make sure it's correct



   <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to review Pete's survey and follow up

   with Pete [recorded in

   [7]http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-minutes.html#action01]



      [7] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-minutes.html#action01




   <trackbot> Created ACTION-82 - Review pete's survey and follow

   up with pete [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-04-25].



   Pete: Will update the survey and follow up with Sarah



   Jemma: Question about which guidelines are most helpful to work

   is very interesting



   Jeanne: Would be a good question to have on all surveys



   <jemma_> jemma: I am really excited about finding out answers

   on which guidelines are most important to UX professionals!



   Sarah: Meeting with MSU team this week



   <jemma_> jemma: no update from my research partners



   <jemma_> jeanne: does Jan have any updates?



   Sarah: Will reach out to Jan



   Jemma: What should be the procedure for posting research

   questions



   Jeanne: Let's put that on Friday agenda



   Jemma: Will send Jeanne email with discussion topic



Summary of Action Items



   [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to review Pete's survey and follow up with

   Pete [recorded in

   [8]http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-minutes.html#action01]



      [8] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-minutes.html#action01




Summary of Resolutions



   [End of minutes]

     __________________________________________________________





Sarah Horton
UX Strategy Lead
The Paciello Group
603 252-6052 mobile

This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.


Received on Friday, 21 April 2017 07:18:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:41 UTC