From: Merlin Bögershausen <merlin.boegershausen@rwth-aachen.de>
Sent: Friday, 13 December 2019 12:20:52 PM
To: public-shex@w3.org
Subject: Connecting ShEx to industrial modelling

Hi folks,
my name is Merlin and I am studding informatics at RWTH Aachen and work with SOPTIM AG where we develop software for the European transmission system operators (ENTSO-E [1]) on top of semantic web technologies, namely CGMES based on RDF [2].

In summer 2018 I wrote a seminar paper with reference to SHACL and ShEx supervised by Michael Cochez at RWTH Aachen. I've tried to find a way of translating OCL invariant rules from a UML based modelling process to evaluable SHACL or ShEx rules. The idea behind this was to connect industrial modelling standards to RDF data validation.

Currently I set up my thesis in a connected area, revisited my paper and remembered that Michael asked me to send my results over to your working group as starting point for further thought. Feel free to read through the results in my repo [3] and if interested post questions.

Have a nice holiday and greetings from Aachen
Merlin

[1] https://www.entsoe.eu/
[2] https://www.entsoe.eu/digital/cim/cim-for-grid-models-exchange/
[3] https://github.com/MBoegers/ShexShacLAndFriends