Re: Question on SHACL resources

On 2021-11-16 1:18 pm, Sommer, Ashley (L&W, Dutton Park) wrote:
> Hi Holger and everyone else,
>
> > A general Slack or Gitter channel would be cool if anyone here is
> willing to set this up?
> > In general, yes we do see a lot of uptake of SHACL too, but much more
> "community" should arise. We at TopQuadrant can only do so much alone...
>
> As the developer and maintainer of PySHACL, I'd like to help out to
> create more community around SHACL, and can help to set up and
> administer a Slack or Gitter account.
>
> Several other opensource and software development communities I'm
> involved with have moved away from Slack and Gitter to usingDiscord
> <https://discord.com/> for community engagement.

Yes, I wasn't sure which flavour is en vogue right now, as this seems to
change quite a bit :)

> It might be a "flavour of the month" kind of situation, however Slack
> requires a new sign up for every group you join, and Gitter tends to
> be tied to a particular GitHub repository.
> Happy to put it to vote, let those interested decide which platform
> they'd prefer.

I guess once someone starts such an effort, others will join so my
suggestion is you just pick one and inform us here. I will do what I can
to promote such a channel. FWIW we do use Slack for work, so that would
be an easy thing for me to monitor or join.

Thanks
Holger