Re: Does SHACL support rdf-star ?

On 07/07/2021 17:38, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We have an open discussion item for SHACL:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/rdf-star/issues/122
>
> Adding a node kind is a natural step (with or without all the "or"
> combinations).
>
> Another part needed is being about apply shapes on the components of a
> quoted triple to say, for example, the object of the quoted triple is
> a literal.
>
> Do you see any other requirements?

Not a requirement, but a nice to have: a common pattern in RDF-star is
to use a triple both as asserted and embedded/quoted. Turtle-star
provides syntactic sugar (called "annotation") for this:

     :alice :workingFor :acme {| :since "2013"^^xsd:gYear |}.

It would be nice to be able to constrain that pattern in an equally
concise way in SHACL, something like:

    ex:PersonShape
        a sh:NodeShape ;
        sh:targetClass ex:Person ;