Re: SHACL target extension

Hi,

A quick question Holger.

You said "I would however introduce a new property instead of sh:target, because the meaning of sh:target would otherwise be overloaded and it is possible for targets to also be sh:NodeShapes in which case the result will be very surprising. So, IMHO it should be something like sh:targetShape (or the earlier, verbose sh:targetNodesConforming).”

Do you have any examples of where someone would already be using a sh:NodeShape in sh:target?

Would you reject this proposal based on that? I can then think of three solutions:

1. sh:targetShape (your proposal)
2. a new subclass sh:TargetNodeShap rdfs:subClassOf sh:NodeShap. Eg. sh:target [a sh:TargetNodeShape; ….]
3. a clean expansion on sh:target like how SPARQL targets work. Eg. sh:target [a sh:ShapeTarget; sh:shape ex:nodeShape1]

Håvard