De: paola.dimaio@gmail.com [mailto:paola.dimaio@gmail.com]
Enviado el: miércoles, 21 de mayo de 2008 22:36
Para: public-semweb-ui@w3.org
Asunto: greetings and contributions

Greets all

After a nice BOF at Busan in Korea last November, and a more recent
SIG CHI in Florence last April
(nice to meet people in person, like Duane, Max and others)!
some of us  wonder what would be the next good thing that we can do to
move this usability thing forward (we all seem to have ideas, I guess
we need to start doing something)

Everything that we discussed in Busan still stands, afaik, and needs
to be unpacked and planned out

In the next day or so, I will be finalizing a proposal for a worshop
at ASWC to be held in Thailand  and wonder if any you good folks plan
to be in attendance, or simply ready to serve on a programme committee
or prepare a remote presentation (planning a slot for virtual flash
presentations) . (More details will be circulated later)

In preparation for a possible w3c incubator/workgroup, and other
related initiatives if we manage to get something off the ground,  I
would welcome  your input as follows (irrespective of whether you will
be attending in person or remotely) in the form of slides, podcast,
video, paper or flash presentation)

1. what usability issues you face from your perspective (user, developer,
etc)
2. what do you plan to do about them (or think to do about them) other
than complaining loudly about it on w3c list
3. how can a community help, suggestions for action points
4. case studies/examples/results of work done
5. anything else ?
6. proposed action items/contribution  ( if we manage to curdle something)
7, your contact details and availability to take on roles

thanks a lot for circulating this to anyone you think may be interested
Based on your response, we will organise sharing and discussion
opportunities accordingly
Look forward!

--
Paola Di Maio