Re: SWUI workshop accepted at ISWC 2006

Sören,

To achieve these four goals, submit a SWUI06 paper on them. And
build them up in this forum, of course. How can you frame these
questions from the perspective of an improved user experience? And
what does SW in particular make possible that wasn't before?

Your fourth bullet, minimizing user interaction to achieve certain
goals, is interesting. Can you define the goals in terms of the
knowledge structure? How do you measure "minimized interaction"? With
number of user "clicks"? However, doesn't what you write about
coordinated client/server speed up on the processing time, while the
"clicks" remain the same?

Bullets one and two mention "widgets" as general purpose, detailed
components of interfaces. Are there certain types of interaction
widgets that are specific to the Semantic Web? Do any of these
represent new paradigms? Categorizing such widgets contributes to
bullet three by contributing to an ontology of Semantic Web
interaction paradigms that different interfaces (browsers) offer.

-Lloyd