From:   Renato Iannella <r@iannel.la>
To:     "its@lists.hl7.org" <its@lists.HL7.org>, w3c semweb HCLS
<public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Date:   26/05/2016 02:04
Subject:        FHIR on  schema.org

I would like to raise a concern about the FHIR on Schema.Org proposal [1]
discussed at the last teleconference [2].

The issue is about the conflicting purposes of the two. Schema.org is
(primarily) about publishing structured data via public web pages for
improved search engine experiences. FHIR is (primarily) about healthcare
data about people.

Clearly, there is a significant Privacy issue with FHIR data, that should
*not* be made on public web pages (for Goggle/Bing to consume),

How will this issue be addressed?

(As it stands, the proposal would not meet the requirements of the W3C
Privacy review [3].)

Renato

[1] http://fhir.fhir-schema-org.appspot.com/
[2] https://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-hcls-minutes.html#item03