Calling for people like you at the Healthcare Datapalooza 1-3 June 2014, held in Washington DC

Hi,
During the lifetime of Gov't Linked Data WG, we announced upcoming relevant conferences that were of interest to our WG.  I send info on a semantic + HCLS  related conference in this spirit.

The US national Health Datapalooza will be held 1-3 June 2014 in Washington DC.[1]  It draws a lot of mid & senior execs from the healthcare industry, gov't officials and developers from small thru large companies.  About 2000 people attended last year.

Semantics are by no means the focus of this HC/LS conference, however, thanks to George Thomas, (who sadly lost the struggle against cancer last month), there is a data interoperability track in the Health Datapalooza conference.   There will be several talks & a tutorial this year discussing LD.  In past years, there have been a couple good talks & panels on data interoperability -- one of my favorite has been the UK National Health Service talking what they're doing.

These panels have been attended a room full of people interested in learning more about a Linked Data approach for HC/LS data interoperability.  That said, we could use more advocates talking about what they are doing & what they need in terms of more consistent, contextualized Linked Data.   The conference is a large heterogeneous forum of healthcare researchers, providers, payers, etc who all are in need of approaches and solutions to data interoperability.  I put this on your collective radar for consideration this year or in future years.

Note:  I'm not affiliated with the organizers of this event nor are we sponsors or exhibitors -- My involvement has been to facilitate a couple panels in the tech track with HCLS project managers and vendors who are using linked data as part of their information architecture.  Last year Dave Wood and I gave a 'jargon free Linked Data primer' talk.[2]  This year, I hear there will be several panels and a 2 hour tutorial on combining enterprise & scientific data using an open data platform based that leverages RDF, namely Callimachus.[3]  Socrata and a couple other data platform vendors & open data advocates will also be presenting on Sunday June 1st.

If you're interested in learning more, please feel free to ping me.  If you know more about this event and/or relevant talks, please share.  TIA.

Cheers,

Bernadette Hyland
CEO, 3 Round Stones, Inc.

http://3roundstones.com
http://about.me/bernadettehyland

[1] http://healthdatapalooza.org/
[2] http://www.slideshare.net/3roundstones/linked-data-the-jargonfree-primer-on-integrating-data-on-the-web
[3] http://callimachusproject.org
[4] http://semanticweb.com/government-linked-data-goes-george-thomas_b42682
[5] http://healthdata.gov/

PS.  An update on George if you knew him. [4]  If you didn't know George, he was the soft spoken change agent who promoted the concept of a healthdata.gov and got very senior exec support from US Federal CTO, Todd Park. [5]  (Not to be confused with the highly publicized healthcare.gov website!)