dataset descriptions

From: Michel Dumontier <michel.dumontier@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 12:34:28 -0800
To: w3c semweb hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Cc: Alasdair Gray <alasdair.gray@gmail.com>
Hi all,
  on today's call we got some feedback from Chris Mungall, Melissa Haendel,
and Harry Hochheiser. Chris asked whether (and how), we could make
arbitrary collections, for instance, chembl-rdf as a dataset (without
necessarily specifying the version). i wondered if perhaps we could
generalize our "version level" to a "subset level", which could very well
include version subsets.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/136kVhd2ffx8qauyT2qMJKgKcWu7O-uvZ2tuH6DejCQ4/edit

I also wondered whether this subset level description could point to the
distribution level descriptions as sources used in creating it, as more
abstract than our previous distribution-to-distribution case.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1qCG2Gl2ZtwuAO2clcya5q067FxPFs7UAHiIk18xzEcY/edit

 what do you think?

m.

Michel Dumontier
Associate Professor of Medicine (Biomedical Informatics), Stanford
University
http://dumontierlab.com