W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org > December 2014

FHIR as JSON-LD? [was Re: Minutes of last week's (Dec 2) HL7 ITS RDF Subgroup / W3C HCLS COI call -- Review of FHIR ontology approaches (cont.)]

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 14:19:35 -0500
Message-ID: <549085C7.5030207@dbooth.org>
To: Lloyd McKenzie <lloyd@lmckenzie.com>
CC: w3c semweb HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>, HL7 ITS <its@lists.hl7.org>
That reminds me: We should look at the possibility of developing a 
JSON-LD @context for FHIR JSON, to allow it to be directly interpreted 
as JSON-LD (and thus as RDF).

For those unfamiliar with JSON-LD, it is JSON that has an additional 
"@context" annotation that allows it to be interpreted as RDF.
http://json-ld.org/
http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/
Thus, a JSON-LD document is both JSON and RDF at the same time.  In many 
cases JSON-LD can be created out of JSON merely by adding the 
appropriate @context.

A JSON-LD approach could be beneficial because it would provide a very 
direct way of translating to RDF.  However, it could also impact details 
of the FHIR ontology approach that we decide to take, to ensure that RDF 
instance data created this way conforms to the FHIR ontology.

David

On 12/15/2014 10:02 AM, Lloyd McKenzie wrote:
> One of the things we will need to decide on is which one(s) of the many
> different RDF representations would we expect servers that support FHIR
> RDF to be able to consume.
>
> --------------------------------------
> Lloyd McKenzie
>
> +1-780-993-9501
>
>
>
> Note: Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions and positions
> expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of my clients
> nor those of the organizations with whom I hold governance positions.
>
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 5:34 PM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org
> <mailto:david@dbooth.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Bob,
>
>     On 12/14/2014 06:34 PM, Robert Leif wrote:
>
>         Hi All,
>
>         Two questions need to be answered:
>
>         Can RDF schema interface with XSD? This includes importing
>         complexTypes
>         between the two languages.
>
>
>     RDF Schema is very different from XML Schema.  The name "RDF Schema"
>     was probably a poor choice of terminology in some sense, because RDF
>     Schema doesn't define or constrain data models or datatypes in the
>     same way that XML Schema does.
>
>     RDF does routinely use the basic XSD datatypes, such as xsd:string,
>     xsd:dateTime, etc.  And although technically RDF could also
>     represent XML complex types directly, one doesn't normally do that
>     in RDF. Instead in RDF one would typically represent the equivalent
>     information using a set of assertions (triples) that explicitly
>     represent the individual pieces of information and their
>     relationships to each other, rather than being implied by element
>     nesting and the like as is done in XML.
>
>     One of the most unfortunate aspects of RDF's history is that the
>     first standard serialization of RDF was in XML, and this caused a
>     lot of people to erroneously assume that RDF is a form of XML, but
>     it isn't. There are several different serializations of RDF --
>     including RDF/XML, N-Triples, Turtle (best for human readability)
>     and JSON-LD -- and RDF captures the information content, independent
>     of the serialization.
>
>     Anyway, the bottom line is that RDF works well with XML's basic data
>     types, but XML complex types typically would be split apart into
>     sets of individual assertions in RDF, rather than being treated as
>     single data items.
>
>
>         What data structures in RDF cannot be coded in XSD?
>
>
>     RDF doesn't have data structures in the same way that programming
>     languages or XSD have them, but it does have classes and "objects"
>     of those classes that can have properties.
>
>         Because I wanted to
>         avoid potential interfacing problems and learning another language,
>
>
>     To use RDF effectively you would need to learn a bit about it,
>     because it is fundamentally different from typical data formats like
>     XML or JSON.  You might want to take a look at "Key Things You Need
>     to Know About RDF", from this year's Semantic Technology Conference:
>     http://dbooth.org/2014/key/__key-slides.pdf
>     <http://dbooth.org/2014/key/key-slides.pdf>
>     or at some of the tutorials in the Semantic University site run by
>     Cambridge Semantics:
>     http://www.cambridgesemantics.__com/semantic-university/rdf-__101
>     <http://www.cambridgesemantics.com/semantic-university/rdf-101>
>
>         for CytometryML (www.cytometryml.org
>         <http://www.cytometryml.org>) a schema that provided the
>         relationships I needed. A copy of a preprint of this paper (Ref.1)
>         together with the XSD Schemas is on the CytometryML website
>         (http://www.cytometryml.org/). The ZIP of those schemas is
>         located in
>         the http://www.cytometryml.org/__zip/Relations_18May2013.zip
>         <http://www.cytometryml.org/zip/Relations_18May2013.zip> file.  The
>         substitution of elements for attributes permitted the reuse of
>         many data
>         structures, which I believe resulted in a considerable increase
>         in the
>         development of relationships. I believe that XSD can be extended to
>         include the capabilities of RDF and other XML languages in a manner
>         similar to the way Schematron’s assertions have already been
>         incorporated into XSD1.1.
>
>
>     You might be able to extend XML that way, and it would be
>     interesting to see what you could come up with, but if you went down
>     that path I suspect you'd find at some point that you were ending up
>     re-inventing RDF.
>
>     Thanks,
>     David Booth
>
>
>         Bob Leif
>
>         1)R. C. Leif and Stephanie H. Leif, “A shared standard for
>         cytometry and
>         pathology,” Paper No.: 8587-50, Tracking No.: PW13B-BO400-86,
>         Symposium:
>         PW13B SPIE BiOS, Conference: Imaging, Manipulation, and Analysis of
>         Biomolecules, Cells, and Tissues XI 2013 (2013).
>
>         *From:*owner-its@lists.hl7.org <mailto:owner-its@lists.hl7.org>
>         [mailto:owner-its@lists.hl7.__org
>         <mailto:owner-its@lists.hl7.org>] *On
>         Behalf Of *Lloyd McKenzie
>         *Sent:* Saturday, December 13, 2014 3:39 PM
>         *To:* Vipul Kashyap
>         *Cc:* David Booth; w3c semweb HCLS; HL7 ITS
>         *Subject:* Re: Minutes of last week's (Dec 2) HL7 ITS RDF
>         Subgroup / W3C
>
>         HCLS COI call -- Review of FHIR ontology approaches (cont.)
>
>         Hi Vipul,
>
>              To me, your first two points go together.  The only reason
>         to do an
>              RDF representation is to support implementations that want
>         to make
>              use of semantic web technologies for inference purposes.
>
>              VK> Partially agree with you. Another reason for taking up
>         RDF/OWL
>              representation is to make these descriptions (business,
>         clinical)
>              user friendly. I have added this requirement to the wiki page.
>
>         Then we have a different notion of "user friendly" :>  The RDF
>         syntax
>         will almost certainly be less friendly for consumption than the XML
>         syntax.  And in the end, the users shouldn't be consuming any of the
>         syntaxes directly - they'll be consuming interfaces that systems
>         use to
>         expose the content, not the syntax directly.
>
>              I wouldn't describe either as requirements for the syntax
>         though.  A
>              requirement would be a particular type of inference that we
>         wanted
>              to enable (or wanted to optimize for).
>
>              VK> I am assuming that demonstrating value proposition is a key
>              requirement for the effort. Otherwise, we will not have
>         uptake in
>              the broader community.
>
>                        Not sure if I missed it – have we decided to
>         limit our
>              requirements to the syntax? Any particular reason?
>
>         I don't expect we'll see broad uptake of the RDF syntax.  It
>         will remain
>         a specialized syntax for those wishing to use SPARQL, make
>         inferences,
>         etc.  That's a small fraction of the overall community.
>         However, if we
>         build it into the reference implementations, it'll be
>         straightforward
>         for most servers to expose the RDF to those clients that
>         actually need it.
>
>              In terms of your third point, there's two different ways we
>         could
>              interpret this.  One would be to say that we'll convert
>         both FHIR
>              structures and FHIR vocabulary into RDF and include the linkage
>              between them as part of the class model.  I'm definitely
>         on-side
>              with that.  The second way would be to say that we'll be
>         able to
>              easily integrate existing ontologies from other code
>         systems such as
>              SNOMED with the FHIR structure ontology.  I think that's a much
>              tougher thing to do, though it may be possible in some
>         cases.  I'd
>              like to treat it as a secondary objective, but am ok with
>         having it
>              on the table.
>
>              VK> I am in agreement with your first approach. One
>         approach is to
>              model both FHIR Resources and Terminology Concepts as
>         classes. For
>              e.g.., we could model “Condition” as a class with
>         “Diabetes” as a
>              subclass with some kind of relationship (sameAs,
>         subClassOf) between
>              FHIR:Diabetes and Snomed:Diabetes, MedDRA:Diabetes,
>         ICD11:Diabetes
>
>         The relationship would be that the concept represented by
>         Condition.code
>         was a specialization of Snomed:Diabetes, etc. (though it's
>         unlikely the
>         name would be that user-friendly).  It certainly wouldn't be a
>         link to
>         the overall class.
>
>              ---Vipul
>
>              (Feel free to add your thoughts to the wiki page.)
>
>              Lloyd
>
>
>              ------------------------------__--------
>              Lloyd McKenzie
>
>         +1-780-993-9501 <tel:%2B1-780-993-9501> <tel:%2B1-780-993-9501>
>
>
>
>              Note: Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions and
>         positions
>              expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of my
>              clients nor those of the organizations with whom I hold
>         governance
>              positions.
>
>              On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Vipul Kashyap
>              <kashyap.vipul@gmail.com <mailto:kashyap.vipul@gmail.com>
>         <mailto:kashyap.vipul@gmail.__com
>         <mailto:kashyap.vipul@gmail.com>>> wrote:
>
>              Good list, Lloyd. Would like to suggest some more additions
>              (apologies if these have already been suggested).
>
>              ·Clearly articulate the value of the new RDF/RDFS/OWL
>         representation
>              over the current XML/JSON representation
>
>              ·Enablement of OWL/RDFS inference – so we could identify
>         use cases
>              that cannot be easily done based on the XML/JSON representation
>
>              ·A common OWL/RDFS representation for information model
>         elements
>              _and_ medical terminology concepts.
>
>              Thoughts. Suggestions?
>
>              ---Vipul
>
>              *From:*Lloyd McKenzie [mailto:lloyd@lmckenzie.com
>         <mailto:lloyd@lmckenzie.com>
>              <mailto:lloyd@lmckenzie.com <mailto:lloyd@lmckenzie.com>>]
>              *Sent:* Monday, December 08, 2014 1:36 PM
>              *To:* David Booth
>              *Cc:* w3c semweb HCLS; its@lists.hl7.org
>         <mailto:its@lists.hl7.org> <mailto:its@lists.hl7.org
>         <mailto:its@lists.hl7.org>>
>              *Subject:* Re: Minutes of last week's (Dec 2) HL7 ITS RDF
>         Subgroup /
>              W3C HCLS COI call -- Review of FHIR ontology approaches (cont.)
>
>              I think we need to define our objectives for the RDF
>              representation.  Mine are as follows:
>
>              1. It must be possible to round-trip from XML/JSON through RDF
>              representation
>
>              * This includes retaining information about order of
>         repeating elements
>
>              * Needs to allow for extensions where-ever they can appear,
>              including simple types (date, boolean, etc.)
>
>              2. We want to be able to represent instances as RDF and
>         Profiles as
>              OWL/RDFS
>
>              3. Syntax needs to be "safe" when dealing with modifier
>         extensions
>
>              4. Syntax should support vocabulary bindings to code,
>         Coding and
>              CodeableConcept - including dealing with extensible value
>         sets and
>              multi-code system value sets
>
>              5. Syntax should enforce constraints that are representable
>         in RDF
>              (i.e. schema constraints, regular expressions, etc.)
>
>              6. In the RDFS/OWL, should expose at least minimal annotation
>              information for display
>
>              Lloyd
>
>
>              ------------------------------__--------
>              Lloyd McKenzie
>
>         +1-780-993-9501 <tel:%2B1-780-993-9501> <tel:%2B1-780-993-9501>
>
>
>
>              Note: Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions and
>         positions
>              expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of my
>              clients nor those of the organizations with whom I hold
>         governance
>              positions.
>
>              On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 11:11 AM, David Booth
>         <david@dbooth.org <mailto:david@dbooth.org>
>              <mailto:david@dbooth.org <mailto:david@dbooth.org>>> wrote:
>
>              I'm so sorry I forgot to send these out last Tuesday, but
>         here are
>              draft minutes from our call, with Eric Prud'hommeaux
>         reviewing his
>              FHIR ontology approach:
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-__hcls-minutes.html
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-hcls-minutes.html>
>              and below in plain text.
>
>              Also, as a reminder, tomorrow's call (Tuesday) will
>         continue with
>              Claude Nanjo reviewing his FHIR ontology approach.
>
>              Thanks,
>              David Booth
>                  ------------------------------__--------------------------
>                  [1]W3C
>
>                     [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                              - DRAFT -
>
>              Semantic Web Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group
>         Teleconference
>
>              02 Dec 2014
>
>                  See also: [2]IRC log
>
>                     [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-__hcls-irc
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-hcls-irc>
>
>              Attendees
>
>                  Present
>                         Bryn_Rhodes, Cati, Claude_Nanjo, David_Booth, EricP,
>                         Guoqian, Hans_Cools, Ingeborg, Joshua_Phillips,
>                         Kerstin_Forsberg, Marc_Twagirumukiza, Neda,
>         Paul_Knapp,
>                         TimW, Tony_Mallia, Charlie_Mead, egonw_(IRC_only?),
>                         Scott_Marshall, Patricia, Rob_Hausam,
>         Vassil_(IRC_only?)
>
>                  Regrets
>                  Chair
>                         David Booth (and Paul Knapp)
>
>                  Scribe
>                         dbooth
>
>              Contents
>
>                    * [3]Topics
>                        1. [4]Approve Minutes of previous meetings
>                        2. [5]Action Review
>                        3. [6]FHIR Ontology Review
>                    * [7]Summary of Action Items
>
>         ____________________________________________________________
>
>                  <trackbot> Date: 02 December 2014
>
>                  <ericP> trackbot, start meeting
>
>                  <trackbot> Meeting: Semantic Web Health Care and Life
>         Sciences
>                  Interest Group Teleconference
>
>                  <trackbot> Date: 02 December 2014
>
>                  <ericP> oops
>
>                  <TimW> TimW is from +1.919.767...
>
>                  <RHausam> RHausam is 801.949.1556 <tel:801.949.1556>
>         <tel:801.949.1556 <tel:801.949.1556>>
>
>
>                  <Claude>
>         [8]https://global.gotomeeting.__com/join/157514853
>         <https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/157514853>
>
>                     [8] https://global.gotomeeting.__com/join/157514853
>         <https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/157514853>
>
>                  <Claude> Please join our GoToMeeting
>
>              Approve Minutes of previous meetings
>
>                  Nov 18:
>
>         [9]http://wiki.hl7.org/index.__php?title=ITS_RDF_Concall___Minutes_
>         <http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_Concall_Minutes_>
>                  20141118
>
>                     [9]
>         http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?__title=ITS_RDF_Concall_Minutes___20141118
>         <http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_Concall_Minutes_20141118>
>
>                  Nov 25:
>
>         [10]http://wiki.hl7.org/index.__php?title=ITS_RDF_Concall___Minutes
>         <http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_Concall_Minutes>
>                  _20141125
>
>                    [10]
>         http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?__title=ITS_RDF_Concall_Minutes___20141125
>         <http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_Concall_Minutes_20141125>
>
>                  Nov 18 minutes unanimously approved.
>
>                  Nov 25 minutes unanimously approved.
>
>              Action Review
>
>                  <scribe> ACTION: ericP to set up tracker [recorded in
>
>         [11]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__25-hcls-minutes.html#action01
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action01> --
>                  PENDING
>
>                    [11]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-__hcls-minutes.html#action01
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action01>
>
>                  <trackbot> Created ACTION-2 - Set up tracker [recorded in
>
>         [12]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__25-hcls-minutes.html#action01
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action01> --
>                  pending [on Eric Prud'hommeaux - due 2014-12-09].
>
>                    [12]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-__hcls-minutes.html#action01
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action01>
>
>                  <scribe> ACTION: Tony to find out more details about
>         how iCat
>                  handles ICD-11 ont and report back [recorded in
>
>         [13]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action01
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action01> --
>                  PENDING
>
>                    [13]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action01
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action01>
>
>                  <trackbot> Error finding 'Tony'. You can review and
>         register
>                  nicknames at
>         <[14]http://www.w3.org/2014/__HCLS/track/users
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/users>>.
>
>                    [14] http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/__track/users
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/users>
>
>                  <scribe> ACTION: Guoqian to figure out whether he can
>         share URI
>                  conventions for ICD-11 [recorded in
>
>         [15]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__25-hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action07> --
>                  PENDING
>
>                    [15]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-__hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action07>
>
>                  <trackbot> Created ACTION-3 - Figure out whether he can
>         share
>                  uri conventions for icd-11 [recorded in
>
>         [16]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__25-hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action07> --
>                  pending [on Guoqian Jiang - due 2014-12-09].
>
>                    [16]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-__hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action07>
>
>                  <Claude> For those who just joined IRC, we also have a
>                  GoToMeeting at:
>
>                  <Claude>
>         [17]https://global.__gotomeeting.com/join/157514853
>         <https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/157514853>
>
>                    [17] https://global.gotomeeting.__com/join/157514853
>         <https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/157514853>
>
>                  <scribe> ACTION: Kerstin and Ingeborg to prepare a
>         status and
>                  future state ideas for PhUSE-FDA work [recorded in
>
>         [18]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action05
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action05> --
>                  PENDING
>
>                    [18]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action05
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action05>
>
>                  <trackbot> Error finding 'Kerstin'. You can review and
>         register
>                  nicknames at
>         <[19]http://www.w3.org/2014/__HCLS/track/users
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/users>>.
>
>                    [19] http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/__track/users
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/users>
>
>                  <scribe> ACTION: Eric to establish/make a wiki page for
>         C-CDA
>                  RDF representations work [recorded in
>
>         [20]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action06
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action06> --
>                  PENDING
>
>                    [20]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action06
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action06>
>
>                  <trackbot> Created ACTION-4 - Establish/make a wiki
>         page for
>                  c-cda rdf representations work [recorded in
>
>         [21]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action06
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action06> --
>                  pending [on Eric Prud'hommeaux - due 2014-12-09].
>
>                    [21]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action06
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action06>
>
>                  <scribe> ACTION: Eric and Joshua to report on C-CDA RDF
>                  representations work plan [recorded in
>
>         [22]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action07> --
>                  PENDING
>
>                    [22]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action07>
>
>                  <trackbot> Created ACTION-5 - And joshua to report on
>         c-cda rdf
>                  representations work plan [recorded in
>
>         [23]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action07> --
>                  pending [on Eric Prud'hommeaux - due 2014-12-09].
>
>                    [23]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action07>
>
>                  Joshua: Sent email describing a use case. Will add to wiki
>                  page.
>
>                  <scribe> ACTION: Tony and Rob to report their plan on
>                  High-level concept mapping to RDF work [recorded in
>
>         [24]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action08
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action08> --
>                  PENDING
>
>                    [24]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action08
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action08>
>
>                  <trackbot> Error finding 'Tony'. You can review and
>         register
>                  nicknames at
>         <[25]http://www.w3.org/2014/__HCLS/track/users
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/users>>.
>
>                    [25] http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/__track/users
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/users>
>
>                  <scribe> ACTION: Tony and all to decide on a wiki for
>         Term Info
>                  work [recorded in
>
>         [26]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action09
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action09>] --
>                  PENDING
>
>                    [26]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action09
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action09>]
>
>                  <trackbot> Error finding 'Tony'. You can review and
>         register
>                  nicknames at
>         <[27]http://www.w3.org/2014/__HCLS/track/users
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/users>>.
>
>                    [27] http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/__track/users
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/users>
>
>                  <scribe> ACTION: Guoqian to figure out whether he can
>         share URI
>                  conventions for ICD-11 [recorded in
>
>         [28]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__25-hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action07>]
>
>                    [28]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-__hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action07>]
>
>                  <trackbot> Created ACTION-6 - Figure out whether he can
>         share
>                  uri conventions for icd-11 [recorded in
>
>         [29]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__25-hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action07>]
>                  [on Guoqian Jiang - due 2014-12-09].
>
>                    [29]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-__hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action07>]
>
>                  <scribe> [PENDING]
>
>              FHIR Ontology Review
>
>                  <Claude> Please use GoToMeeting only for video
>
>                  [30]https://global.__gotomeeting.com/join/157514853
>         <https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/157514853>
>
>                    [30] https://global.gotomeeting.__com/join/157514853
>         <https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/157514853>
>
>                  Access Code: 157-514-853
>
>                  Eric's slides: ->
>                  [31]http://www.w3.org/2014/__Talks/1125-fhir-rdf-egp/
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/Talks/1125-fhir-rdf-egp/> FHIR-RDF
>
>                    [31]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/Talks/__1125-fhir-rdf-egp/
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/Talks/1125-fhir-rdf-egp/>
>
>                  Eric: Our goal was to let anything in FHIR XML be
>         translated
>                  into RDF.
>                  ... We wrote something that read the XML definition
>         files and
>                  produced something that maps the XML to RDF.
>                  ... Python code reads the json definition files and
>         spits out
>                  XML, being the parts that we need of the FHIR spec.
>                  ... "subs" is what is allowed inside a FHIR resource.
>                  ... effectively the attributes of a resource.
>                  ... Then we embedded that in an XSLT script, and hand
>         edited
>                  the foot of it.
>                  ... The stuff we wrote into the footer of the XSLT says
>         that
>                  for a particular construct in the XML instance data,
>         there's
>                  special handling, such as URLs for identifiers.
>
>                  David: How does the fact that it is an atom feed affect the
>                  interpretatinon of the XML?
>
>                  Eric: It leaves some other graph stuff superimposed on it.
>
>                  Marc: Re datatypes, you used FHIR value, but the value
>         itself
>                  looks like it is a string.
>                  ... If it is a string, then reasoners cannot do much
>         with it.
>
>                  Eric: Datatype values are showing up as literals.
>
>                  Marc: Another is that a date is just a string, not an
>         xsd:date.
>                  ... On slide 2
>
>                  Eric: Ideally it should have the datatype stuck on the
>         end of
>                  it. There's a tension between having the datatype on the
>                  fhir:value and having it on a blank node.
>                  ... The natural RDF-ish way to do it would be using
>                  xsd:datetime.
>                  ... Need to decide which of these ways will be most
>         palatable
>                  to RDF folks versus native FHIR folks.
>                  ... Sometimes these things are not just datetimes in
>         FHIR. Need
>                  to make it as simple as possible and no simpler.
>
>                  Guoqian: Is a different URI being used for the
>         namespaces? Will
>                  it cause problems when you use SPARQL across different
>         models?
>
>                  Eric: I tested some of this. I stuck a bunch of these
>                  namespaces together, and I believe we've addressed your
>                  concern.
>
>                  David: Is the datatype issue due to the fact that
>         datatypes are
>                  extensible in FHIR?
>
>                  Eric: Maybe. RDF needs to be monotonic.
>
>                  Paul: Modifying extensions can appear only in the roots of
>                  classes (considering the complex type as a class)
>
>                  Eric: The XSLT footer has the custom code for extensions.
>
>                  Paul: We did that to limit what you need to examine, to
>         find
>                  out if there is a modifying extension.
>
>                  Claude: I think you can have modifying extensions on
>         the root
>                  type and anything that is defined from the root type.
>
>                  ISSUE: FHIR Modifying extensions and monotonicity
>
>                  <trackbot> Created ISSUE-1 - Fhir modifying extensions and
>                  monotonicity. Please complete additional details at
>                  <[32]http://www.w3.org/2014/__HCLS/track/issues/1/edit
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/issues/1/edit>>.
>
>                    [32]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/__track/issues/1/edit
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/issues/1/edit>
>
>                  Eric: Example here may not be up to date. Anyone know?
>
>                  Paul: the dev site has DSTU 2.
>
>                  Eric: Another script generates the ShEx definitions
>         from the
>                  FHIR spec.
>                  ... and the ShEx is used to generate FHIR XML back
>         again from
>                  FHIR RDF.
>                  ... Slide 7 is showing how to take C-CDA in RDF and
>         producing
>                  FHIR RDF.
>
>                  Guoqian: The result prefix is fhir but should be patient.
>
>                  Eric: Yes, you're right. That can be fixed in the ShEx.
>
>                  Tony: Sort of verbatim translation. The difference is maybe
>                  target audience style -- a style that is good for the
>         general
>                  tools used in RDF. Only difference is the end style of RDF.
>                  ... Establishing closure between FHIR ontology and
>         SNOMED-CT
>                  would need to happen. Main difference is in the final RDF
>                  style.
>
>                  <pknapp> Zakim: Have to leave for another meeting, thx,
>         great
>                  work.
>
>                  Eric: Will need to need to be a balance.
>                  ... Once we have transliterated, what we map to our dream
>                  ontology. May want to balance how much is wedged into
>         the XSLT
>                  and how much into the interpretive dance later.
>
>                  Claude: Might want a low level FHIR ont and a higher
>         level FHIR
>                  ont both.
>
>                  David: I kind of like the auto-generated aspect of this
>                  approach.
>
>                  <vassil> чуит
>
>                  ADJOURNED
>
>                  <vassil> quit
>
>                  <ericP> [33]coding mapping example
>
>                    [33]
>         https://www.w3.org/wiki/HCLS/__ClinicalObservationsInteropera__bility/__FDATherapeuticAreaOntologies#__codeAndSystemToIRI
>         <https://www.w3.org/wiki/HCLS/ClinicalObservationsInteroperability/FDATherapeuticAreaOntologies#codeAndSystemToIRI>
>
>                  <ericP> (for next week)
>
>                  <vassil> exit
>
>              Summary of Action Items
>
>                  [PENDING] ACTION: Eric and Joshua to report on C-CDA RDF
>                  representations work plan [recorded in
>
>         [34]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action07>]
>                  [PENDING] ACTION: Eric to establish/make a wiki page
>         for C-CDA
>                  RDF representations work [recorded in
>
>         [35]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action06
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action06>]
>                  [PENDING] ACTION: ericP to set up tracker [recorded in
>
>         [36]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__25-hcls-minutes.html#action01
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action01>]
>                  [PENDING] ACTION: Guoqian to figure out whether he can
>         share
>                  URI conventions for ICD-11 [recorded in
>
>         [37]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__25-hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action07>]
>                  [PENDING] ACTION: Kerstin and Ingeborg to prepare a
>         status and
>                  future state ideas for PhUSE-FDA work [recorded in
>
>         [38]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action05
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action05>]
>                  [PENDING] ACTION: Tony and all to decide on a wiki for Term
>                  Info work [recorded in
>
>         [39]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action09
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action09>]
>                  [PENDING] ACTION: Tony and Rob to report their plan on
>                  High-level concept mapping to RDF work [recorded in
>
>         [40]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action08
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action08>]
>                  [PENDING] ACTION: Tony to find out more details about
>         how iCat
>                  handles ICD-11 ont and report back [recorded in
>
>         [41]http://www.w3.org/2014/11/__18-hcls-minutes.html#action01
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action01>]
>
>                    [34]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action07>
>                    [35]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action06
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action06>
>                    [36]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-__hcls-minutes.html#action01
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action01>
>                    [37]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-__hcls-minutes.html#action07
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/25-hcls-minutes.html#action07>
>                    [38]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action05
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action05>
>                    [39]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action09
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action09>
>                    [40]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action08
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action08>
>                    [41]
>         http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-__hcls-minutes.html#action01
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/11/18-hcls-minutes.html#action01>
>
>                  [End of minutes]
>
>         ____________________________________________________________
>
>
>                   Minutes formatted by David Booth's [42]scribe.perl version
>                   1.140 ([43]CVS log)
>                   $Date: 2014-12-02 17:30:25 $
>
>         ____________________________________________________________
>
>                    [42]
>         http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~__checkout~/2002/scribe/__scribedoc.htm <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
>                    [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/__scribe/
>         <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>
>
>              Scribe.perl diagnostic output
>
>                  [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
>              This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06
>         18:16:30
>              Check for newer version at
>         [44]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~__checkout~/2002/
>         <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/>
>              scribe/
>
>                    [44]
>         http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~__checkout~/2002/scribe/
>         <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/>
>
>              Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)
>
>              No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: dbooth
>              Inferring Scribes: dbooth
>              Default Present: DBooth, +1.919.767.aaaa, ericP, rhausam,
>         TimW, Joshua_P
>              hillips, +1.202.528.aabb, charlie, +1.469.226.aacc, Tony,
>         Neda, patricia
>              , Mark_Twagirumukiza, Kerstin_Forsberg, Cati, Kerstin,
>         +1.801.368.aadd,
>              +1.604.250.aaee, Bryn_Rhodes, +31.62.427.aaff, mscottm,
>         Guoqian, +1.608.
>              310.aagg, vassil, +41.78.847.aahh, [IPcaller]
>
>              WARNING: Replacing previous Present list. (Old list:
>         Bryn_Rhodes, Cati,
>              Claude_Nanjo, David_Booth, EricP, Guoqian, Hans_Cools,
>         Ingeborg, Joshua_
>              Phillips, Kerstin_Forsberg, Marc_Twagirumukiza, Neda,
>         Paul_Knapp, TimW,
>              Tony_Mallia, Charlie_Mead, egonw, (IRC, only?),
>         Scott_Marshall, Patricia
>              , Rob_Hausam, Vassil, (IRC, only?))
>              Use 'Present+ ... ' if you meant to add people without
>         replacing the lis
>              t,
>              such as: <dbooth> Present+ Bryn_Rhodes, Cati, Claude_Nanjo,
>         David_Booth,
>                EricP, Guoqian, Hans_Cools, Ingeborg, Joshua_Phillips,
>              Kerstin_Forsberg
>              , Marc_Twagirumukiza, Neda, Paul_Knapp, TimW, Tony_Mallia,
>         Charlie_Mead,
>                egonw_(IRC_only?), Scott_Marshall, Patricia, Rob_Hausam,
>              Vassil_(IRC_on
>              ly?)
>
>              Present: Bryn_Rhodes Cati Claude_Nanjo David_Booth EricP
>         Guoqian Hans_Co
>              ols Ingeborg Joshua_Phillips Kerstin_Forsberg
>         Marc_Twagirumukiza Neda Pa
>              ul_Knapp TimW Tony_Mallia Charlie_Mead egonw_(IRC_only?)
>         Scott_Marshall
>              Patricia Rob_Hausam Vassil_(IRC_only?)
>              Found Date: 02 Dec 2014
>              Guessing minutes URL:
>         [45]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/__02-hcls-minutes.html
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-hcls-minutes.html>
>              People with action items: all eric ericp guoqian ingeborg
>         joshua kerstin
>                rob tony
>
>                    [45] http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-__hcls-minutes.html
>         <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-hcls-minutes.html>
>
>
>                  [End of [46]scribe.perl diagnostic output]
>
>                    [46]
>         http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~__checkout~/2002/scribe/__scribedoc.htm <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
>
>
>
>         ******************************__******************************__***********************
>              Manage subscriptions - http://www.HL7.org/listservice
>              View archives - http://lists.HL7.org/read/?__forum=its
>         <http://lists.HL7.org/read/?forum=its>
>              Unsubscribe -
>         http://www.HL7.org/tools/__unsubscribe.cfm?email=lloyd@__lmckenzie.com&list=its
>         <http://www.HL7.org/tools/unsubscribe.cfm?email=lloyd@lmckenzie.com&list=its>
>              Terms of use -
>         http://www.HL7.org/myhl7/__managelistservs.cfm?ref=nav#__listrules
>         <http://www.HL7.org/myhl7/managelistservs.cfm?ref=nav#listrules>
>
>         ******************************__******************************__***********************
>         Manage your subscriptions <http://www.HL7.org/__listservice
>         <http://www.HL7.org/listservice>> | View the
>         archives <http://lists.HL7.org/read/?__forum=its
>         <http://lists.HL7.org/read/?forum=its>> | Unsubscribe
>         <http://www.HL7.org/tools/__unsubscribe.cfm?email=rleif@__rleif.com&list=its
>         <http://www.HL7.org/tools/unsubscribe.cfm?email=rleif@rleif.com&list=its>>
>         |
>         Terms of use
>         <http://www.HL7.org/myhl7/__managelistservs.cfm?ref=nav#__listrules
>         <http://www.HL7.org/myhl7/managelistservs.cfm?ref=nav#listrules>>
>
> ***********************************************************************************
> Manage your subscriptions <http://www.HL7.org/listservice> | View the
> archives <http://lists.HL7.org/read/?forum=its> | Unsubscribe
> <http://www.HL7.org/tools/unsubscribe.cfm?email=david@dbooth.org&list=its>
> | Terms of use
> <http://www.HL7.org/myhl7/managelistservs.cfm?ref=nav#listrules>
>
Received on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 19:20:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:21:45 UTC