Re: Minutes of last week's (Dec 2) HL7 ITS RDF Subgroup / W3C HCLS COI call -- Review of FHIR ontology approaches (cont.)

Hi Vipul,

First, we would never define a specialized resource.  As much as possible,
all resources are orthogonal and never exist in a hierarchical
relationship.  Condition is a structure that includes a code (saying what
kind of condition), time of onset, who diagosed it, the patient who has the
condition, etc.  That's not a notion SNOMED has any concept of.  The only
place SNOMED comes into play is with Condition.code, not with the Condition
resource.

Lloyd McKenzie

+1-780-993-9501

Note: Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions and positions
expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of my clients nor
those of the organizations with whom I hold governance positions.