Re: Minutes of last week's (Dec 2) HL7 ITS RDF Subgroup / W3C HCLS COI call -- Review of FHIR ontology approaches (cont.)

Well, FHIR brings in a mixture of things.  It defines structures (with
relationships) but it also defines coded terms (with subsumption
hierarchies and in theory other kinds of relationships, though none of
those yet).  I think the initial focus is an owl representation for the
structures.  On the terminology side, I don't think there's anything
particularly different in FHIR terminology than there was in v3
terminology, so it would just be a question of translation from the
ValueSet resource format to something more amenable to logic processing.

Lloyd McKenzie

+1-780-993-9501

Note: Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions and positions
expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of my clients nor
those of the organizations with whom I hold governance positions.