Plan for new HL7 work group on RDF for Semantic Interoperability

An update -

The approval process for creating a new HL7 work group on "RDF for
Semantic Interoperability" is still under way.  It next needs to be
discussed with the appropriate HL7 Steering Committee before final
approval.  Our plan is to use the Chicago HL7 meetings Sept 14-19 as an
opportunity to usher it through the rest of the approval process, while
all the necessary parties are there and available.  We will also use
that opportunity to talk to other HL7 work groups about the purpose of
this new group.  Claude Nanjo (proposed initial co-chair) and I will
draft some slides that can be used for this purpose.  Claude will be
there in person; I probably will not.

Given that there is so little lead time before the September HL7
meetings, we will *not* try to also hold our first face-to-face meeting
of this new work group at that event.  Instead, we will plan to hold our
first face-to-face meetings of the new group at the January 2015 HL7
work group meetings (Jan 18-23, 2015 - San Antonio, TX).  We will also
set up a teleconference schedule for the new work group sometime after
the work group is formally approved.

We'll continue to keep you informed as we progress.

BTW, thanks very much to those who were able to attend and provide
feedback on the preview presentation last week on the Yosemite Project
for Healthcare Information Interoperability.  Final slides are available
here:
http://dbooth.org/2014/yosemite/yosemite-project-slides.pdf

Thanks,
David Booth